HotU - Gringmaw - how?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 11, 2004 4:10:51 PM

In chapter 3, how the heck am I supposed to get past Gringmaw and his not-so
merry band? Anybody have any hints? I've died over a dozen times now, and
I'm starting to get annoyed...

My character's a level 26 rogue, btw, with Valen and Deekin, using Enserric
that I had enhanced with 2d6 acid damage.

More about : hotu gringmaw

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 4:10:52 PM

"Kris" <eibenkthisisforspammers@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In chapter 3, how the heck am I supposed to get past Gringmaw and his
> not-so merry band? Anybody have any hints? I've died over a dozen times
> now, and I'm starting to get annoyed...
>
> My character's a level 26 rogue, btw, with Valen and Deekin, using
> Enserric that I had enhanced with 2d6 acid damage.

Go in concealed if you can
Take out the magic users first.
Run away when you have to and have your rod of ressurection quick slotted to
revive your henchmen.

September 11, 2004 11:05:30 PM

Kris wrote:
> In chapter 3, how the heck am I supposed to get past Gringmaw and his
> not-so merry band? Anybody have any hints? I've died over a dozen
> times now, and I'm starting to get annoyed...
>
> My character's a level 26 rogue, btw, with Valen and Deekin, using
> Enserric that I had enhanced with 2d6 acid damage.

Buff up your party with everything you have (Bull's Strength, Stoneskin,
etc.) to rise your BAB and AC as much as you can. If you have enough Full
Healing potions, give 2 or 3 of them to Valen, and don't forget to use them
for your own health.

Don't bother with the conversation, but move your character around the enemy
group until you are standing behind the Lich, then attack him. If you are
lucky, he will go down before he is able to cast his time stop spell.

HTH
Hans
September 12, 2004 9:59:47 PM

"Kris" <eibenkthisisforspammers@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In chapter 3, how the heck am I supposed to get past Gringmaw and his
> not-so merry band? Anybody have any hints? I've died over a dozen times
> now, and I'm starting to get annoyed...
>
> My character's a level 26 rogue, btw, with Valen and Deekin, using
> Enserric that I had enhanced with 2d6 acid damage.

Thanks for the hints. They seem to help a bit, but I'm still dying without
making much of a dent in the enemy. After about a dozen more attempts, I
have to ask, is there any way to get around this battle, or make it easier?
Anything I could do or say so that Grimgnaw doesn't attack? Anything at
all? I'm already on Easy mode. At this point I'm considering a cheat code
to be a viable option...
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 1:13:38 PM

> > In chapter 3, how the heck am I supposed to get past Gringmaw and his
> > not-so merry band? Anybody have any hints? I've died over a dozen
times
> > now, and I'm starting to get annoyed...
> >
> > My character's a level 26 rogue, btw, with Valen and Deekin, using
> > Enserric that I had enhanced with 2d6 acid damage.
>
> Thanks for the hints. They seem to help a bit, but I'm still dying
without
> making much of a dent in the enemy. After about a dozen more attempts, I
> have to ask, is there any way to get around this battle, or make it
easier?
> Anything I could do or say so that Grimgnaw doesn't attack? Anything at
> all? I'm already on Easy mode. At this point I'm considering a cheat
code
> to be a viable option...

No other way around it... Grimgnaw always attacks.

Try laying some traps around together with what you've been trying?
September 14, 2004 10:35:10 PM

"KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> > In chapter 3, how the heck am I supposed to get past Gringmaw and his
>> > not-so merry band? Anybody have any hints? I've died over a dozen
> times
>> > now, and I'm starting to get annoyed...
>> >
>> > My character's a level 26 rogue, btw, with Valen and Deekin, using
>> > Enserric that I had enhanced with 2d6 acid damage.
>>
>> Thanks for the hints. They seem to help a bit, but I'm still dying
> without
>> making much of a dent in the enemy. After about a dozen more attempts, I
>> have to ask, is there any way to get around this battle, or make it
> easier?
>> Anything I could do or say so that Grimgnaw doesn't attack? Anything at
>> all? I'm already on Easy mode. At this point I'm considering a cheat
> code
>> to be a viable option...
>
> No other way around it... Grimgnaw always attacks.
>
> Try laying some traps around together with what you've been trying?

Well, I finally caved. God mode. Works well. Plus the flaming cows are
amusing...
September 15, 2004 11:42:43 PM

Really? It's not_that_hard a battle to win. Personally I don't think I've
died once in it having played hotu through half a dozen times with melee and
magic characters. Henchmen tend to bite the dust always though. (normal
difficulty)

Basically it's just lots of buffs (all that you can get trough magic or
potions), take out the mages first (maugrim I think).

Do your melee users have their weapons tricked out as much as possible? What
about other equipment they are wearing? Have you upgraded your henchmens
helms/shields/rings/boots/etc as high as possible?

The hardest battles, in my opion, are: Klauth the red dragon in OC, the two
mithril golems in HOTU and Meph in HOTU (all have various "tricks" that can
be used to win the battles very easily, but stricktly role playing fights
are tough)

> Well, I finally caved. God mode. Works well. Plus the flaming cows are
> amusing...

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 11:42:44 PM

Vellu wrote:
> The hardest battles, in my opion, are: Klauth the red dragon in OC, the two
> mithril golems in HOTU and Meph in HOTU (all have various "tricks" that can
> be used to win the battles very easily, but stricktly role playing fights
> are tough)

The difficulty of battles varies widely based on playing style and
characters. For example, my paladin with Aribeth and Nathyrra had a
tough, tough time beating Grimgnaw and cohorts. Even after I used the
"trick" of insta-killing the lich (Lay on Hands) without going through
the conversation. She also couldn't handle the mithral golems and I
resorted to a cheat to get through to the maker; but, he went down fast
(LoH again). The same character with the same henchwomen disposed of
Meph without a problem.

On the other hand, my fighter/WM took out G and buddies on the first try
with the same two henchwomen without using any buffing potions (I forgot
the exact location of the fight and walked into it without any buffs
active); and, he was able to defeat the mithral golems without too much
running away. But he had such trouble with Meph that he ended up using
the True Name he bought from the Knower of Names.

--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Too true. What is difficult to beat depends greatly on character/class. For
example Meph is pretty much unbeatable with nothing but magic (there isn't a
strong spell that would cause enough acid damage, which is pretty much the
only weakness Meph has). For a strong fighter/wm with acid weapons he's a
cakewalk...

Then again, purely role playing, Meph should be impossible to beat without
the True Name. Him being THE Devil...

"Barry Scott Will" <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
> Vellu wrote:
> > The hardest battles, in my opion, are: Klauth the red dragon in OC, the
two
> > mithril golems in HOTU and Meph in HOTU (all have various "tricks" that
can
> > be used to win the battles very easily, but stricktly role playing
fights
> > are tough)
>

> The difficulty of battles varies widely based on playing style and
> characters. For example, my paladin with Aribeth and Nathyrra had a
> tough, tough time beating Grimgnaw and cohorts. Even after I used the
> "trick" of insta-killing the lich (Lay on Hands) without going through
> the conversation. She also couldn't handle the mithral golems and I
> resorted to a cheat to get through to the maker; but, he went down fast
> (LoH again). The same character with the same henchwomen disposed of
> Meph without a problem.
>
> On the other hand, my fighter/WM took out G and buddies on the first try
> with the same two henchwomen without using any buffing potions (I forgot
> the exact location of the fight and walked into it without any buffs
> active); and, he was able to defeat the mithral golems without too much
> running away. But he had such trouble with Meph that he ended up using
> the True Name he bought from the Knower of Names.
>
> --
> Barry Scott Will
> Pyric RPG Publications
> http://www.pyric.com/
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:36:54 AM

"Vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Too true. What is difficult to beat depends greatly on character/class.
For
> example Meph is pretty much unbeatable with nothing but magic (there isn't
> strong spell that would cause enough acid damage, which is pretty much the
> only weakness Meph has). For a strong fighter/wm with acid weapons he's a
> cakewalk...
>
> Then again, purely role playing, Meph should be impossible to beat without
> the True Name. Him being THE Devil...

But god will save us... his banner of rightousness will prevail!!!!
September 16, 2004 1:36:54 AM

"Vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Too true. What is difficult to beat depends greatly on character/class.
For
> example Meph is pretty much unbeatable with nothing but magic (there isn't
> strong spell that would cause enough acid damage, which is pretty much the
> only weakness Meph has). For a strong fighter/wm with acid weapons he's a
> cakewalk...
>
> Then again, purely role playing, Meph should be impossible to beat without
> the True Name. Him being THE Devil...
>
> "Barry Scott Will" <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
> > Vellu wrote:
> > > The hardest battles, in my opion, are: Klauth the red dragon in OC,
the
> two
> > > mithril golems in HOTU and Meph in HOTU (all have various "tricks"
that
> can
> > > be used to win the battles very easily, but stricktly role playing
> fights
> > > are tough)
> >

> > The difficulty of battles varies widely based on playing style and
> > characters. For example, my paladin with Aribeth and Nathyrra had a
> > tough, tough time beating Grimgnaw and cohorts. Even after I used the
> > "trick" of insta-killing the lich (Lay on Hands) without going through
> > the conversation. She also couldn't handle the mithral golems and I
> > resorted to a cheat to get through to the maker; but, he went down fast
> > (LoH again). The same character with the same henchwomen disposed of
> > Meph without a problem.
> >
> > On the other hand, my fighter/WM took out G and buddies on the first try
> > with the same two henchwomen without using any buffing potions (I forgot
> > the exact location of the fight and walked into it without any buffs
> > active); and, he was able to defeat the mithral golems without too much
> > running away. But he had such trouble with Meph that he ended up using
> > the True Name he bought from the Knower of Names.
> >
> > --
> > Barry Scott Will
> > Pyric RPG Publications
> > http://www.pyric.com/

This was a great fight. I played a paladin with Deekin and Nathy. My saving
grace was that I had
3 levels of rogue where I maxed out use magic item. I was able to win the
fight by a combination
of scrolls and melee. I never thought to use lay on hands to take out the
undead. Great idea! I noticed
the henchman die in like 2 seconds so I had Deekin sing before the combat
starts. I really enjoyed the
OC, SOU, and HOTU. I'm looking for mods now but haven't found any that have
kept my attention.
I've tried Pools of Radiance, Twighlight, something Mountain, but all have
had very lacking dialogue
or puzzles that irritated me.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 1:36:54 AM

Vellu wrote:
> Then again, purely role playing, Meph should be impossible to beat without
> the True Name. Him being THE Devil...

He's not THE Devil. He is a Lord of the Nines, lord of the 8th plane of
hell (Cania).

There isn't a singular "the" devil in the Forgotten Realms cosmology.
The closest thing would be Asmodeus, lord of the 9th. I'm not sure, but
I think his power is roughly on par with a demi- God/Goddess.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."

"everlast" <everlast@jmjservices.com> wrote in message
news:o Q12d.18249$_z4.10719@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> Vellu wrote:
> > Then again, purely role playing, Meph should be impossible to beat
without
> > the True Name. Him being THE Devil...
>
> He's not THE Devil. He is a Lord of the Nines, lord of the 8th plane of
> hell (Cania).
>
> There isn't a singular "the" devil in the Forgotten Realms cosmology.
> The closest thing would be Asmodeus, lord of the 9th. I'm not sure, but
> I think his power is roughly on par with a demi- God/Goddess.

Shar is kinda close.. but not really there... Bane? It's kinda hard when
it's the combination of many really
September 16, 2004 12:31:45 PM

Well, close enough to be invincible by a mere mortal...especially using
melee weapons, magical or not. True Name should be the only way, even if it
was just used to "break" his immortality and then be literally beaten to
death. It's a huge anticlimax just to use the True Name and tell him to get
lost...(alternative being not use the name and simply fight the
"should_be_unwinnable" fight)

Totally unimportant detail no doubt, but I'd like to have seen the
end/killing of the devil explained a little differently.

"Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message

> "everlast" <everlast@jmjservices.com> wrote in message
> news:o Q12d.18249$_z4.10719@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> > Vellu wrote:
> > > Then again, purely role playing, Meph should be impossible to beat
> without
> > > the True Name. Him being THE Devil...
> >
> > He's not THE Devil. He is a Lord of the Nines, lord of the 8th plane of
> > hell (Cania).
> >
> > There isn't a singular "the" devil in the Forgotten Realms cosmology.
> > The closest thing would be Asmodeus, lord of the 9th. I'm not sure, but
> > I think his power is roughly on par with a demi- God/Goddess.
>
> Shar is kinda close.. but not really there... Bane? It's kinda hard when
> it's the combination of many really

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 10:06:18 PM

> Well, close enough to be invincible by a mere mortal...especially using
> melee weapons, magical or not. True Name should be the only way, even if
it
> was just used to "break" his immortality and then be literally beaten to
> death. It's a huge anticlimax just to use the True Name and tell him to
get
> lost...(alternative being not use the name and simply fight the
> "should_be_unwinnable" fight)
>
> Totally unimportant detail no doubt, but I'd like to have seen the
> end/killing of the devil explained a little differently.

That's the whole point he is THE devil... he's basically like killing a
dragon or really any old kobold or human... Just because you kill one devil
there is always more running around the hells anyyway...
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 2:13:03 AM

Vellu wrote:
> Well, close enough to be invincible by a mere mortal...especially using
> melee weapons, magical or not. True Name should be the only way, even if it
> was just used to "break" his immortality and then be literally beaten to
> death. It's a huge anticlimax just to use the True Name and tell him to get
> lost...(alternative being not use the name and simply fight the
> "should_be_unwinnable" fight)

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. In the FR cosmology, demons
and devils (even the lords) are NOT deities, are not immortal, and are
fully defeatable (by powerful and/or epic level characters), especially
if they happen to not be on their home plane.

Meph is a suitable end-boss for a party of epic level characters.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
- Tip from Doom3 Manual
September 17, 2004 11:35:22 AM

That maybe so, I'm not that familiar with FR. But the storyline certainly
was built suggesting he could not be killed/dealt with without the name,
which then turns out not to be totally necessary. Again, an unimportant
detail. Just my preference.

"everlast" <everlast@jmjservices.com> wrote in message
news:p do2d.39435$787.8599@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> Vellu wrote:
> > Well, close enough to be invincible by a mere mortal...especially using
> > melee weapons, magical or not. True Name should be the only way, even if
it
> > was just used to "break" his immortality and then be literally beaten to
> > death. It's a huge anticlimax just to use the True Name and tell him to
get
> > lost...(alternative being not use the name and simply fight the
> > "should_be_unwinnable" fight)
>
> We'll have to agree to disagree on that. In the FR cosmology, demons
> and devils (even the lords) are NOT deities, are not immortal, and are
> fully defeatable (by powerful and/or epic level characters), especially
> if they happen to not be on their home plane.
>
> Meph is a suitable end-boss for a party of epic level characters.
> --
> My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
> "Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
> - Tip from Doom3 Manual

September 17, 2004 10:39:57 PM

Well, I took all the buffing potions I had, fed those I had multiples of to
Valen and Deekin too. Had Deekin cast all his buffing spells and use bard
song. Did this about 25 times. Could barely scratch the big sorcerer,
ever. Easy difficulty. Perhaps it's because I'm a rogue. Didn't have that
much trouble with Klauth, though. Guess everyone plays differently...

> Really? It's not_that_hard a battle to win. Personally I don't think I've
> died once in it having played hotu through half a dozen times with melee
> and
> magic characters. Henchmen tend to bite the dust always though. (normal
> difficulty)
>
> Basically it's just lots of buffs (all that you can get trough magic or
> potions), take out the mages first (maugrim I think).
>
> Do your melee users have their weapons tricked out as much as possible?
> What
> about other equipment they are wearing? Have you upgraded your henchmens
> helms/shields/rings/boots/etc as high as possible?
>
> The hardest battles, in my opion, are: Klauth the red dragon in OC, the
> two
> mithril golems in HOTU and Meph in HOTU (all have various "tricks" that
> can
> be used to win the battles very easily, but stricktly role playing fights
> are tough)
>

>> Well, I finally caved. God mode. Works well. Plus the flaming cows are
>> amusing...
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 5:30:34 AM

Perhaps he has some protective spells (e.g. stoneskin greater stoneskin,
premonition) you might want to dispell first?
Sorry, I don't remember if he uses them (too long ago I played HotU) but
there must be a reason...or do lichs have built-in damage reduction?
On the other hand afaik Lichs are immune to sneak attacks, so maybe you
should attack someone different first? Could you send me the save game
(compressed please), I would like to try...

greetings
arne steffens

Kris wrote:
> Well, I took all the buffing potions I had, fed those I had multiples of to
> Valen and Deekin too. Had Deekin cast all his buffing spells and use bard
> song. Did this about 25 times. Could barely scratch the big sorcerer,
> ever. Easy difficulty. Perhaps it's because I'm a rogue. Didn't have that
> much trouble with Klauth, though. Guess everyone plays differently...
>
> "Vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Really? It's not_that_hard a battle to win. Personally I don't think I've
>>died once in it having played hotu through half a dozen times with melee
>>and
>>magic characters. Henchmen tend to bite the dust always though. (normal
>>difficulty)
>>
>>Basically it's just lots of buffs (all that you can get trough magic or
>>potions), take out the mages first (maugrim I think).
>>
>>Do your melee users have their weapons tricked out as much as possible?
>>What
>>about other equipment they are wearing? Have you upgraded your henchmens
>>helms/shields/rings/boots/etc as high as possible?
>>
>>The hardest battles, in my opion, are: Klauth the red dragon in OC, the
>>two
>>mithril golems in HOTU and Meph in HOTU (all have various "tricks" that
>>can
>>be used to win the battles very easily, but stricktly role playing fights
>>are tough)
>>

>>>Well, I finally caved. God mode. Works well. Plus the flaming cows are
>>>amusing...

September 18, 2004 5:30:35 AM

Oh, sorry, I saved over it. Didn't have any dispelling ability, would have
been handy, to get rid of whatever he was casting while time was stopped :-)
Ah well.

"arne steffens" <news-cis.20.wackelzahn@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps he has some protective spells (e.g. stoneskin greater stoneskin,
> premonition) you might want to dispell first?
> Sorry, I don't remember if he uses them (too long ago I played HotU) but
> there must be a reason...or do lichs have built-in damage reduction?
> On the other hand afaik Lichs are immune to sneak attacks, so maybe you
> should attack someone different first? Could you send me the save game
> (compressed please), I would like to try...
>
> greetings
> arne steffens
>

> Kris wrote:
>> Well, I took all the buffing potions I had, fed those I had multiples of
>> to Valen and Deekin too. Had Deekin cast all his buffing spells and use
>> bard song. Did this about 25 times. Could barely scratch the big
>> sorcerer, ever. Easy difficulty. Perhaps it's because I'm a rogue.
>> Didn't have that much trouble with Klauth, though. Guess everyone plays
>> differently...
>>
>> "Vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Really? It's not_that_hard a battle to win. Personally I don't think I've
>>>died once in it having played hotu through half a dozen times with melee
>>>and
>>>magic characters. Henchmen tend to bite the dust always though. (normal
>>>difficulty)
>>>
>>>Basically it's just lots of buffs (all that you can get trough magic or
>>>potions), take out the mages first (maugrim I think).
>>>
>>>Do your melee users have their weapons tricked out as much as possible?
>>>What
>>>about other equipment they are wearing? Have you upgraded your henchmens
>>>helms/shields/rings/boots/etc as high as possible?
>>>
>>>The hardest battles, in my opion, are: Klauth the red dragon in OC, the
>>>two
>>>mithril golems in HOTU and Meph in HOTU (all have various "tricks" that
>>>can
>>>be used to win the battles very easily, but stricktly role playing fights
>>>are tough)

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 1:29:37 PM

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:10:51 -0400, "Kris"
<eibenkthisisforspammers@yahoo.com> wrote:

>In chapter 3, how the heck am I supposed to get past Gringmaw and his not-so
>merry band? Anybody have any hints? I've died over a dozen times now, and
>I'm starting to get annoyed...
>
>My character's a level 26 rogue, btw, with Valen and Deekin, using Enserric
>that I had enhanced with 2d6 acid damage.

Unfortunately, I was a thief/wizard--mostly wizard. It took
a few tries to get things right but it wasn't that hard, normal
difficulty.

You can't do anything directly about his timestop, but after
it expired I hit him with a Mordankain's Disjunction--that was the end
of his buffs and it knocked his SR down to something I could hope to
get through. I also had a summoned critter of some kind--not that he
could actually do much of anything but he charged into battle and they
fought him--another couple of rounds for me to lay down firepower.
September 20, 2004 9:48:35 AM

"Crpgnut" <crpgnut@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<2qrjs3F136d9rU1@uni-berlin.de>...

> This was a great fight. I played a paladin with Deekin and Nathy. My saving
> grace was that I had
> 3 levels of rogue where I maxed out use magic item. I was able to win the
> fight by a combination
> of scrolls and melee. I never thought to use lay on hands to take out the
> undead. Great idea! I noticed
> the henchman die in like 2 seconds so I had Deekin sing before the combat
> starts. I really enjoyed the
> OC, SOU, and HOTU. I'm looking for mods now but haven't found any that have
> kept my attention.
> I've tried Pools of Radiance, Twighlight, something Mountain, but all have
> had very lacking dialogue
> or puzzles that irritated me.

Sort the modules on neverwinter vault by rating. That gets you
the best modules out there:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/modulesTop2.shtml
I particularily liked Adam Miller and Stefan Ganges works.
Good stuff.
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 6:18:43 AM

There I was, smug and content in the 'knowledge' that both my girls were
firmly on my side(pre-leaving Cania dialogues with both)...and damn if I did
not have to straight out order the darn paladin to stay put after all.
'Twinsouled' indeed...and it ain't the benevolent that is superior, I'm
betting.
As for Viconia v.2, she was the one who clued me in to the usefulness of
those true names and what was possible through them prior to the battle.
True to form the lad went with the options that were so benevolent gods
would've wept. :p

And now I'm to understand the Demonlord's True Name were available after
all? I seem to recall something to that effect, but more of a wish-sort of
thing than an actual memory.
Darn if I don't think I'll tromp through that last part just to make him sit
up and beg...play -ME- for a fool, will you?!?!? Play dead!
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 6:53:13 AM

"Elfseeker" <elfseeker@c2i.net> wrote in message
> And now I'm to understand the Demonlord's True Name were available after
> all? I seem to recall something to that effect, but more of a wish-sort of
> thing than an actual memory.

SPOILER SPACE
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

You can get Meph's True Name, but first you have to get the Knower of Names'
True Name. (The Knower will supply you with her own Name if you ask for it
(for a price, of course)). Then you can use that to force her to give you
Meph's True Name (which will cost you 500,000 GP).

--
Brian Perler bperler@sprynet.com
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

> SPOILER SPACE
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> You can get Meph's True Name, but first you have to get the Knower of
Names'
> True Name. (The Knower will supply you with her own Name if you ask for
it
> (for a price, of course)). Then you can use that to force her to give you
> Meph's True Name (which will cost you 500,000 GP).

Which makes you wonder how much IQ the Knower of Names has...
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 2:26:33 AM

> You can get Meph's True Name, but first you have to get the Knower of
Names'
> True Name. (The Knower will supply you with her own Name if you ask for
it
> (for a price, of course)). Then you can use that to force her to give you
> Meph's True Name (which will cost you 500,000 GP).

*smacks forehead & groans*
Of COURSE!
Man, I was blind.
As for IQ, I think it's rather out of her hands...*Primal male part of mind
nods in approval, modern self tries not to think about that too closely*
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 2:36:02 PM

> > You can get Meph's True Name, but first you have to get the Knower of
> Names'
> > True Name. (The Knower will supply you with her own Name if you ask for
> it
> > (for a price, of course)). Then you can use that to force her to give
you
> > Meph's True Name (which will cost you 500,000 GP).
>
> *smacks forehead & groans*
> Of COURSE!
> Man, I was blind.
> As for IQ, I think it's rather out of her hands...*Primal male part of
mind
> nods in approval, modern self tries not to think about that too closely*

Let's just say that the Knower of Names used most of her RAM as virtual
memory to store all those true names, so not much is left for other
processes other than selling true names via conversation *rolls eyes*
!