Resizing custom toolbars on the desktop ??

Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom toolbar on my desktop that I can dock to
the right side of the screen, and doesn't show the Title or Text.

The problem I'm experiencing is that as soon as I dock it, it
immediately resizes itself to the full height of the screen ! I can
create a smaller toolbar but only if I 'float' it just away from the
screen edge - BUT with it not being docked, I lose the ability to turn
off the Title !! WITH it docked, it allows me to remove the Title and
Text, but resizes itself to full length ! I can't win ! :)

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Kev.

On 12 Feb 2005 06:17:24 -0800, pcmangler@ntlworld.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a custom toolbar on my desktop that I can dock to
> the right side of the screen, and doesn't show the Title or Text.
>
> The problem I'm experiencing is that as soon as I dock it, it
> immediately resizes itself to the full height of the screen ! I can
> create a smaller toolbar but only if I 'float' it just away from the
> screen edge - BUT with it not being docked, I lose the ability to turn
> off the Title !! WITH it docked, it allows me to remove the Title and
> Text, but resizes itself to full length ! I can't win ! :)
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kev.

None. Position of the toolbar - docked/undocked - is just as you describe
it. Except if I right click on a blank spot within the body of the toolbar,
I get the option to "Show Title" or not. Tried both ways and the title does
appear/disappear as directed. For what it's worth, I dragged the toolbar
from the taskbar directly to the monitor edge. It never went to "floating"
position where a title bar is added to the "window."

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User