Rolling our Media Player 10 - how to create an MSI package

Hi All,

I would like to push out Media Player 10 to our end users using GPO, the
only issue is that it's in an executable format. Does anybody know of a way
I can change this?

I alreadly try the Wininstaler LE but that gave me issues. Why dont
Microsoft make all there updates in MSI's if they intend us to use them in
GPO's?

Chris
3 answers Last reply
More about rolling media player create package

    Microsoft provides a tool called 'Enterprise Deployment Tool (EDP)' which
    can convert the exe file to msi based on options you choose.

    But I am not sure whether it works for media player 10 or not.

    "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I would like to push out Media Player 10 to our end users using GPO, the
    > only issue is that it's in an executable format. Does anybody know of a
    way
    > I can change this?
    >
    > I alreadly try the Wininstaler LE but that gave me issues. Why dont
    > Microsoft make all there updates in MSI's if they intend us to use them in
    > GPO's?
    >
    > Chris

    Hi , If I didn't know any better I would swear that your making that up. I
    can't find this tool anywhere. Do you have a link?

    Chris

    "Kbalert" <karsudha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Microsoft provides a tool called 'Enterprise Deployment Tool (EDP)' which
    > can convert the exe file to msi based on options you choose.
    >
    > But I am not sure whether it works for media player 10 or not.
    >

    > "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I would like to push out Media Player 10 to our end users using GPO, the
    >> only issue is that it's in an executable format. Does anybody know of a
    > way
    >> I can change this?
    >>
    >> I alreadly try the Wininstaler LE but that gave me issues. Why dont
    >> Microsoft make all there updates in MSI's if they intend us to use them
    >> in
    >> GPO's?
    >>
    >> Chris

    Here is the link to mentioned EDP.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/enterprise/deploypack.aspx

    "Chris Henderson" wrote:

    > Hi , If I didn't know any better I would swear that your making that up. I
    > can't find this tool anywhere. Do you have a link?
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Kbalert" <karsudha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Microsoft provides a tool called 'Enterprise Deployment Tool (EDP)' which
    > > can convert the exe file to msi based on options you choose.
    > >
    > > But I am not sure whether it works for media player 10 or not.
    > >

    > > "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi All,
    > >>
    > >> I would like to push out Media Player 10 to our end users using GPO, the
    > >> only issue is that it's in an executable format. Does anybody know of a
    > > way
    > >> I can change this?
    > >>
    > >> I alreadly try the Wininstaler LE but that gave me issues. Why dont
    > >> Microsoft make all there updates in MSI's if they intend us to use them
    > >> in
    > >> GPO's?
    > >>
    > >> Chris

Microsoft Media Player Windows