Possible to use a GPO to deploy a registry edit to multipl..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 13, 2004 4:53:07 PM

There's a registry edit that will prevent the internet connection wizard from
running that involves loading a hive from the default user's ntuser.dat
editing that hive and unloading it. Is there a way to deploy such an edit
using GPOs?
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 10:29:04 PM

You can try

HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323639

BR,
Denis

"Dan" wrote:

> There's a registry edit that will prevent the internet connection wizard from
> running that involves loading a hive from the default user's ntuser.dat
> editing that hive and unloading it. Is there a way to deploy such an edit
> using GPOs?
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 12:35:01 PM

Hey Dan,

I wanted to check if you were able to figure out this one.
I have a similar predicament, I need to deploy a registry key with its
specific permissions.
The problem I see with article 323639, referred by Denis Wong (unless I'm
missing something) is that you cannot specify a user/permission set on an
Administrative Template.

Any insight is greatly appreciated,

-MARIO

!