Possible to use a GPO to deploy a registry edit to multipl..

There's a registry edit that will prevent the internet connection wizard from
running that involves loading a hive from the default user's ntuser.dat
editing that hive and unloading it. Is there a way to deploy such an edit
using GPOs?
2 answers Last reply
More about possible deploy registry edit multipl

    You can try

    HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323639

    BR,
    Denis

    "Dan" wrote:

    > There's a registry edit that will prevent the internet connection wizard from
    > running that involves loading a hive from the default user's ntuser.dat
    > editing that hive and unloading it. Is there a way to deploy such an edit
    > using GPOs?

    Hey Dan,

    I wanted to check if you were able to figure out this one.
    I have a similar predicament, I need to deploy a registry key with its
    specific permissions.
    The problem I see with article 323639, referred by Denis Wong (unless I'm
    missing something) is that you cannot specify a user/permission set on an
    Administrative Template.

    Any insight is greatly appreciated,

    -MARIO

    "Dan" wrote:

    > There's a registry edit that will prevent the internet connection wizard from
    > running that involves loading a hive from the default user's ntuser.dat
    > editing that hive and unloading it. Is there a way to deploy such an edit
    > using GPOs?

Policy Registry Internet Connection Microsoft Windows