Which 19" LCD is better?

I want to buy a good LCD that will also be good at gaming and for application, with crisp text and good colors. so far i'm thinking at:

LG L1932P-SN
SAMSUNG SM 940BF
Philips 190X6FB
BENQ FP93GX

which one will be best? maybe you can point me to a better one.

i'm open to any opinion.

thanks !
15 answers Last reply
More about which quot better
  1. Check out the Niko 1920W if you can find one. I nabbed on from E-Cost for a good price and they have a $60 M.I.R. through the end of Jan.

1440x900 Resolution, 2ms response time, DVI and VGA connections.

Mine came with one stuck pixel..after running a utility on it for a few hours it is now a 'lazy pixel'. I'm planning to run a different utility on it overnight to fix it. Otherwise no issues whatsoever.

Warranty will replace on 8 or more stuck / bad pixels. They also offer through the manu. extended warranty options that can be added at anytime during the first year.

I was a little leary of buing a monitor from a company that hasn't been around for long, but so far after a week of use I have been very happy with it.
  2. I LOVE my Viewsonic VX922!
  3. Quote:
    I LOVE my Viewsonic VX922!

Same here.

I had the same debate about 2 months ago and i went with the viewsonic vx922. It is a badass monitor.
  4. Don't know that much about the other models you listed but I own a Samsung 940BF. It was worth the extra cost to me over the 930 models. I haven't noticed any ghosting in high speed games and the color reproduction is really nice. Brightness is there too, had to cut it in half when I got it, overall I am extremely happy with it.

If there was anything "negative" I could say is that you can't raise or lower its height but its almost perfect for me on my desk so I don't really need it. Ergonomics are good, almost no glare with it either and I have many windows in my room. Had it about 9 months and no issues, oh one pixel, wouldn't call it dead. It is sometimes working 100% and other times won't display all colors. Its off to the left upper corner and I never noticed until I ran a program specifically to find such things. I have to really hunt for it now even though I know where it is. Not a problem. Movies look great too btw, watch lots of movies and gaming.
  5. I have to agree on the VX922 ..... bright colors and very crisp text. Before buying it I compared with models from acer and lg and the VX922 smoked them both.
  6. For gaming IMO no question the samsung syncmaster 931c (was used in the world cyber games this year) No ghosting and great color!
  7. thx for your posts guys.

anyway, i was hoping someone will know something about the LG L1932P-SN, this is the one i'm thinking to buy.
    from the reviews i read till now, seemed a best buy by far.

i hope someone will know something about it.

thanks
  8. Quote:
    Check out the Niko 1920W if you can find one. I nabbed on from E-Cost for a good price and they have a $60 M.I.R. through the end of Jan.

Mine came with one stuck pixel..after running a utility on it for a few hours it is now a 'lazy pixel'. I'm planning to run a different utility on it overnight to fix it. Otherwise no issues whatsoever.

Warranty will replace on 8 or more stuck / bad pixels. They also offer through the manu. extended warranty options that can be added at anytime during the first year.

I was a little leary of buing a monitor from a company that hasn't been around for long, but so far after a week of use I have been very happy with it.

What utilities do you use? I have a friend with a stuck pixel, I was unaware that anything could fix that. Could you provide a link to where you get them? Thanks! 8)
  9. I'd suggest googling 'stuck pixel'.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

and

http://www.jscreenfix.com/ (Free)

and

http://www.pixelprotector.com/ ($$$)

and finally

http://udpix.free.fr/

There was one other one, but for some reason I can't find the link right now.
  10. samsung
  11. I am very pleased with my Viewsonic VX922 as well. Great gaming performance with no ghosting, crisp text and colors, couldn't be happier with it.
  12. of the above i recommend the SAMSUNG SM 940BF... It is a great monitor...
    -Cheers
  13. after all i bought the LG L1932P-SN and i'm very happy i did so.

pros:
    - it has great vivid color
    - crisp text
    - very nice tones of grey
    - fast !
    - very well at gaming and also when using it with internet and applications
    - well at movies

cons:
    - a bit too bright
    - i had to make some adjustments

overall i'm very pleased with it and i've made i wise decision buying this monitor

i'll give it a 9 out of 10
  14. Quote:
    after all i bought the LG L1932P-SN and i'm very happy i did so.

pros:
    - it has great vivid color
    - crisp text
    - very nice tones of grey
    - fast !
    - very well at gaming and also when using it with internet and applications
    - well at movies

cons:
    - a bit too bright
    - i had to make some adjustments

overall i'm very pleased with it and i've made i wise decision buying this monitor

i'll give it a 9 out of 10

Im using one of those right now at work, I agree, in most cases its great, but I do find it a little bit too bright and the colours arent always as vivid as I would like.
  15. Quote:
    Check out the Niko 1920W if you can find one. I nabbed on from E-Cost for a good price and they have a $60 M.I.R. through the end of Jan.

What is that utility's name that fixed that stuck pixel?
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming LCD Components Product