Same AD users, different site, different logon script.

Hello,

I am creating a new AD forest and domain in which I have two sites, a
primary and a secondary. I need somehow to place one set of users within the
AD so that in the event of failure of the first site they can login to the
second site and have a different login script applied through group policy.
Where should the users be placed so that I can do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Mark.

I would think you'd want to implement a Site level policy, and configure
login script there... but that's just my thoughts after having a
brain-frying week

Ken

"Mark G" <Mark_Garlick(at)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am creating a new AD forest and domain in which I have two sites, a
> primary and a secondary. I need somehow to place one set of users within
the
> AD so that in the event of failure of the first site they can login to the
> second site and have a different login script applied through group
policy.
> Where should the users be placed so that I can do this?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark.

Thanks for the input Ken - I'll have a play around to see what I get.
"Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would think you'd want to implement a Site level policy, and configure
> login script there... but that's just my thoughts after having a
> brain-frying week
>
> Ken
>

> "Mark G" <Mark_Garlick(at)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am creating a new AD forest and domain in which I have two sites, a
>> primary and a secondary. I need somehow to place one set of users within
> the
>> AD so that in the event of failure of the first site they can login to
>> the
>> second site and have a different login script applied through group
> policy.
>> Where should the users be placed so that I can do this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mark.

If the site specific functionality is entirely defined in your logon script,
then I would recommend the following.

You could have two GPOs configured for the users OU. One of them is the DR
GPO and is not linked to the OU.
In the event of a site failure, you would unlink the production GPO from the
OU and link the DR GPO to the OU.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003 + Security