in game communication

Hi everyone. I was looking into getting a headset and was wondering
if anyone had any recommendations on both hardware and software for in
game communication between players to coordinate attacks and such. I
realize you can type in the game but I would like to chat while
playing.

Jason Gallas wrote:
> Hi everyone. I was looking into getting a headset and was wondering
> if anyone had any recommendations on both hardware and software for in
> game communication between players to coordinate attacks and such. I
> realize you can type in the game but I would like to chat while
> playing.

I just started DM'ing a group that uses Roger Wilco software. They
hooked me on it instantly.

http://rogerwilco.gamespy.com/

Make sure you password your channel and only give to those you're
playing with, as I read a rumor that once someone is on your channel,
there is a buffer overflow which could allow an unscrupulous cracker to
compromise your system after joining your RW channel.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."

Jason Gallas wrote:

> Hi everyone. I was looking into getting a headset and was wondering
> if anyone had any recommendations on both hardware and software for in
> game communication between players to coordinate attacks and such. I
> realize you can type in the game but I would like to chat while
> playing.

I use GameVoice Share (www.gamevoice.com) which is a free download that
supports up to 4 people at once. Works great!

- Stoobie.

Jason Gallas a écrit :
> Hi everyone. I was looking into getting a headset and was wondering
> if anyone had any recommendations on both hardware and software for in
> game communication between players to coordinate attacks and such. I
> realize you can type in the game but I would like to chat while
> playing.

You can also use TeamSpeak to communicate (www.goteamspeak.com).

Vincent Guichard

Teamspeak is a good one, although I use it in conjuction with the GameVoice
hardware/software so I can use voice macros still.