XP SP2 ADM updates

Greetings,

I have downloaded the SP2 adm files. My issue is, I can't find out how to
use them. I've read I should not copy them over top of the files in
C:\Windows\inf. However when I try to add the template I get assorted errors
such as

entries in the [string] section are too long and have been trucated.

I am running a Windows 2003 domain and am trying to do it on a 2003 DC. How
can I use the adm's so I can use the functionality of xpsp2 in GP.

Thanks

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:41:10 -0700, "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I have downloaded the SP2 adm files. My issue is, I can't find out how to
>use them. I've read I should not copy them over top of the files in
>C:\Windows\inf. However when I try to add the template I get assorted errors
>such as
>
>entries in the [string] section are too long and have been trucated.
>

>I am running a Windows 2003 domain and am trying to do it on a 2003 DC. How
>can I use the adm's so I can use the functionality of xpsp2 in GP.
>
>Thanks

You can manage it from XP SP2

or

To fix the string too long,

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=842933
"The following entry in the [strings] section is too long and has been truncated" error message when you try to modify or to view GPOs in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional, or Windows 2000
Applies To

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.