security banner message

I have a Windows 2000 server with mainly Win2000 professional desptops. Some
of the group policy objects are making it to the PC other objects in the
policy are not. Specfically the security message. The application log on
the PC is full of event id 1202, security policies are propagated with
warning. 0xd : The data is invalid.
I do have a couple of XP PC's that the security message display's correctly.
I have tried running secedit on the 2000 PC's but still no banner message.
I have checked the dc for sysvol environment variable. Checked dns on the PC
end. Any thoughts?

Don't quite understand what your situation is. But for your warning 0xd (The
data is invalid), you can refer to the following 2 KBs.

Error Messages After Importing Basicdc.inf into Group Policy
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256000

Error Message: Security Policies Are Propagated with Warning. 0x534
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=247482

Although the second error is not 0xd, you can try the resolution there to
troubleshoot. This is documented in the following.

How to Enable Logging for Security Configuration Client Processing in
Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=245422

BR,
Denis