Win 2k Term Server with NT 4 PDC how do i set group policy..

I have a Win 2K server running Terminal Services and users are authenticated
by an NT 4 Domain Controller how do I apply a group policy to the users
logging into the Terminal server.

Since you do not have Windows 2000 AD, therefore you can only use your
terminal server's local group policy. You can start it by gpedit.msc

BR,
Denis

"jchapman" wrote:

> I have a Win 2K server running Terminal Services and users are authenticated
> by an NT 4 Domain Controller how do I apply a group policy to the users
> logging into the Terminal server.

Is there a way I can apply a group policy to the user account on the NT 4
server that will apply to the 2k term server user or is that not possable?
Thanks,
J Chapman

"Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <DenisWongHongKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:0BBB23FE-980A-44D4-AF67-C228EC3C5861@microsoft.com...
> Since you do not have Windows 2000 AD, therefore you can only use your
> terminal server's local group policy. You can start it by gpedit.msc
>
> BR,
> Denis
>
> "jchapman" wrote:
>
>> I have a Win 2K server running Terminal Services and users are
>> authenticated
>> by an NT 4 Domain Controller how do I apply a group policy to the users
>> logging into the Terminal server.

GP is only available to Windows 2000+. If you want your policy to apply to
the terminal server, then you can only have local GP on the TS.

BTW, pls do not double post the same question. Thanks.

BR,
Denis

"jchapman" wrote:

> Is there a way I can apply a group policy to the user account on the NT 4
> server that will apply to the 2k term server user or is that not possable?
> Thanks,
> J Chapman
>

> "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <DenisWongHongKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:0BBB23FE-980A-44D4-AF67-C228EC3C5861@microsoft.com...
> > Since you do not have Windows 2000 AD, therefore you can only use your
> > terminal server's local group policy. You can start it by gpedit.msc
> >
> > BR,
> > Denis
> >
> > "jchapman" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a Win 2K server running Terminal Services and users are
> >> authenticated
> >> by an NT 4 Domain Controller how do I apply a group policy to the users
> >> logging into the Terminal server.

Thanks for all of the help..

"Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <DenisWongHongKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:BBF74949-F4F1-479A-BD7F-0AADFD1CD874@microsoft.com...