Firewall

Done a little digging and haven't found it, and it's probably right under my
nose.

Where do I configure the firewall in a GPO?

My computer's tellin me it's getting the firewall settings from the domain,
but nobody put XP sp2 adm files up, let alone configure them.

TIA

Ken

Hi Ken

The firewall settings are configured under

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Network
Connections -> Windows Firewall.

This requires the XP SP2 .adm files. It might be the case that somebody has
created a policy from a Windows XP SP2 client machine and as a result, the
appropriate .adm files are in use. Using gpresult /z will show you where
the settings are coming from provided they're coming from policy.

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team