CD "image" on C drive

February 12, 2005 6:18:34 PM

I am running XP SP2. I also have "Easy CD & DVD burning software"
installed. My hard drive is 80 GBs.

I right clicked on my DVD burner drive and selected properties. I
went to the recording tab and selected "Enable CD recording on this
drive."
Below that it says " Windows can store an "image" of the CD to be
written. The "image" files may use up to 1 GB." "Local disk C"
"These settings determine how the Windows CD recording software writes
files to this CD-R drive."

I like to keep my drive small and free of files etc. that I don't use
or need. Where on the "C" drive are these "image" files so that I can
delete them after they are transferred to the CD & DVD drive.
Thank you.

More about : image drive

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:19:38 PM

Why did you enable CD recording on this drive when you have third party
writing software installed? If you disable it nothing will be written to the
cache and you reduce the chance that your third party writing software will
conflict with XP burning engine. Also be aware that XP can not natively
write to DVDs so you need third party software installed anyway.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

<blarney@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I am running XP SP2. I also have "Easy CD & DVD burning software"
> installed. My hard drive is 80 GBs.
>
> I right clicked on my DVD burner drive and selected properties. I
> went to the recording tab and selected "Enable CD recording on this
> drive."
> Below that it says " Windows can store an "image" of the CD to be
> written. The "image" files may use up to 1 GB." "Local disk C"
> "These settings determine how the Windows CD recording software writes
> files to this CD-R drive."
>
> I like to keep my drive small and free of files etc. that I don't use
> or need. Where on the "C" drive are these "image" files so that I can
> delete them after they are transferred to the CD & DVD drive.
> Thank you.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:28:46 PM

Hi,

Under:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

<blarney@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I am running XP SP2. I also have "Easy CD & DVD burning software"
> installed. My hard drive is 80 GBs.
>
> I right clicked on my DVD burner drive and selected properties. I
> went to the recording tab and selected "Enable CD recording on this
> drive."
> Below that it says " Windows can store an "image" of the CD to be
> written. The "image" files may use up to 1 GB." "Local disk C"
> "These settings determine how the Windows CD recording software writes
> files to this CD-R drive."
>
> I like to keep my drive small and free of files etc. that I don't use
> or need. Where on the "C" drive are these "image" files so that I can
> delete them after they are transferred to the CD & DVD drive.
> Thank you.
February 12, 2005 6:28:47 PM

just to add that Local Settings and Application Data are both hidden
directories so one needs to go to and Explorer windows->Tools ->Folder
Options->View Tab and enable Show hidden files and folders.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

> Hi,
>
> Under:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> <blarney@optonline.net> wrote in message
> >I am running XP SP2. I also have "Easy CD & DVD burning software"
> > installed. My hard drive is 80 GBs.
> >
> > I right clicked on my DVD burner drive and selected properties. I
> > went to the recording tab and selected "Enable CD recording on this
> > drive."
> > Below that it says " Windows can store an "image" of the CD to be
> > written. The "image" files may use up to 1 GB." "Local disk C"
> > "These settings determine how the Windows CD recording software writes
> > files to this CD-R drive."
> >
> > I like to keep my drive small and free of files etc. that I don't use
> > or need. Where on the "C" drive are these "image" files so that I can
> > delete them after they are transferred to the CD & DVD drive.
> > Thank you.

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 4:14:44 AM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:18:34 -0500, blarney@optonline.net wrote:

>I am running XP SP2. I also have "Easy CD & DVD burning software"
>installed. My hard drive is 80 GBs.
>
>I right clicked on my DVD burner drive and selected properties. I
>went to the recording tab and selected "Enable CD recording on this
>drive."
>Below that it says " Windows can store an "image" of the CD to be
>written. The "image" files may use up to 1 GB." "Local disk C"
>"These settings determine how the Windows CD recording software writes
>files to this CD-R drive."
>
>I like to keep my drive small and free of files etc. that I don't use
>or need. Where on the "C" drive are these "image" files so that I can
>delete them after they are transferred to the CD & DVD drive.
>Thank you.

I tried what I was advised. I did not find ,username. under
C:\Documnets and Settings. I used a file reader and found the cd
burning file by following the rest of the settings ex Local
settins\application\microsoft\cdburning. When I looked at the file it
was empty. Does that mean there is no images there?
Thanks again
!