Error DC When publish from Windows XP.

Hallo.
I get one error when I publish FrontPage 2002 in my
active directory. If I publish the package from the
server I don't get the error. Only error when I publish
from my XP client with the admin pack... everything works
i only want to know what this can be... It's same on
every office products.

The description for Event ID ( 110 ) in Source ( Software
Installation ) cannot be found. The local computer may
not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You
may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The
following information is part of the event: Another
installation is already in progress. Complete that
installation before proceeding with this install.
\\todo\MSVisio2002_STD_SP3\visio.msi.

The Error is in the client evenlog...
If i want to publish frontpage 2002 can i not use my xp
client with adminpak 2003? ..

Hi

Thank you for posting!

Since the task works on the server, I think the Windows Server 2003
Administration Tools Pack may not be installed correctly. Also, the error
message you provided doesn't include the real error message of the issue.

I would like to confirm if you download Windows Server 2003 Administration
Tools Pack from the web page below.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-
a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&DisplayLang=en

Then, please check if the system meets the following requirements:

1. Windows XP Professional build 2600 with QFE Q329357 or
2. Windows XP Professional SP1 or
3. Windows Server 2003

Before you install the adminpack, do you have previous versions of the
adminpack on the system? If so, you must uninstall earlier builds before
installing the final version. To uninstall the AdminPak.msi file, go to the
"Add / Remove" option in Control Panel and select the AdminPak and remove
it. Or you can double click on the AdminPak.msi file or right click and
run it, then select "uninstall" from the wizard.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

304718 How to remotely administer Windows Server-based computers by using
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304718

Also, please collect the following information to me. I appreciate your
time.

1. Send the Event Viewer logs of the client computer to me
so that I could find more information about the error.

Step 1: Click Start, click Run, and then type "eventvwr" (without the
quotation
marks), click OK.

Step 2: Right-click Application and select Save Log File As.

Step 3: Save it Application.evt.

Step 4: Repeat step 1 to 3 to save the Security and System event to
Security.evt
and System.evt.

Step 5: Send them to me at jackwa@microsoft.com.

2. Capture a screen shot of the error if you receive another error except
the event error.

To capture a screen shot, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: When the error message appears, press the Pr Scrn key located at
the
top-right corner of the keyboard to capture a screen shot.

Step 2: Click Start, select Run, type MSPAINT in the Open box, and then
click OK.

Step 3: Use Ctrl + V to paste the screen shot to the canvas. When we are
prompted
to enlarge the bitmap, press Y or Enter.

Step 4: Click the File (or press Alt+ F) menu and select Save.

Step 5: Select Desktop in the 'Save in' box and type 'screen' in the File
name
box.

Step 6: Select JPEG in the Save as type box and click OK.

The screen shot is located on the Desktop and named screen.jpg.

3. If you use another Windows XP computer, does the same issue occur?

4. What are the exact troubleshooting steps to reproduce the issue on the
Windows XP computer? I would like to try the same procedure on my side and
check if I can reproduce the issue.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.

--------------------
| From: <richoo2000@noemail.postalias>
| Sender: <richoo2000@noemail.postalias>
| Subject: Error DC When publish from Windows XP.
| Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:24:11 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
|
| Hallo.
| I get one error when I publish FrontPage 2002 in my
| active directory. If I publish the package from the
| server I don't get the error. Only error when I publish
| from my XP client with the admin pack... everything works
| i only want to know what this can be... It's same on
| every office products.
|

| The description for Event ID ( 110 ) in Source ( Software
| Installation ) cannot be found. The local computer may
| not have the necessary registry information or message
| DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You
| may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
| description; see Help and Support for details. The
| following information is part of the event: Another
| installation is already in progress. Complete that
| installation before proceeding with this install.
| \\todo\MSVisio2002_STD_SP3\visio.msi.

Hi

One thing to add, since you post the issue in Windows 2000 newsgroup, I
would like to know the OS version of the DC. Is this a Windows 2000 domain
or Windows Server 2003 domain? Do you use the Windows Server 2003
Adminpack? Thanks!

> [...]

| name
| box.
|
| Step 6: Select JPEG in the Save as type box and click OK.
|
| The screen shot is located on the Desktop and named screen.jpg.
|
| 3. If you use another Windows XP computer, does the same issue occur?
|
| 4. What are the exact troubleshooting steps to reproduce the issue on the
| Windows XP computer? I would like to try the same procedure on my side
and
| check if I can reproduce the issue.
|
| Hope this helps!
|
| Sincerely,
| Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
|
| =====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
| your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit

| |
| | Hallo.
| | I get one error when I publish FrontPage 2002 in my
| | active directory. If I publish the package from the
| | server I don't get the error. Only error when I publish
| | from my XP client with the admin pack... everything works
| | i only want to know what this can be... It's same on
| | every office products.
| |
| |