Daylight Savings Time thourhg GPO

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Does anyone know how to force all computers in our network to use Daylight
Savings Time. I have meetings that are getting thrown off as some machines
have it set and others do not

Thanks
Norman
3 answers Last reply
More about daylight savings time thourhg
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    Norman Rosenthal wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to force all computers in our network to use
    > Daylight Savings Time. I have meetings that are getting thrown off
    > as some machines have it set and others do not
    >
    > Thanks
    > Norman

    Not sure, but if you find out how to do this, note also that Outlook has its
    own settings in tools | options | calendar options....will need to make sure
    it's correct there as well. I'm presuming you're using Outlook because you
    mention 'meetings'....
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    I searched through GPO settings and could not find anything.
    I think you will need to do it through a WMI script or find out what
    registry bit is being flipped and push out a registry mod script. Regmon
    from sysinternals.com should help you find out what setting is changed.

    --
    Glenn L
    CCNA, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003 + Security

    "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > Norman Rosenthal wrote:
    > > Does anyone know how to force all computers in our network to use
    > > Daylight Savings Time. I have meetings that are getting thrown off
    > > as some machines have it set and others do not
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Norman
    >
    > Not sure, but if you find out how to do this, note also that Outlook has
    its
    > own settings in tools | options | calendar options....will need to make
    sure
    > it's correct there as well. I'm presuming you're using Outlook because you
    > mention 'meetings'....

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    how do you push out a registry script. I have a .reg file with all the
    settings.

    Thanks
    Norman

    "Glenn L" <the.only@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I searched through GPO settings and could not find anything.
    > I think you will need to do it through a WMI script or find out what
    > registry bit is being flipped and push out a registry mod script. Regmon
    > from sysinternals.com should help you find out what setting is changed.
    >

    > --
    > Glenn L
    > CCNA, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003 + Security
    >

    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > message
    >> Norman Rosenthal wrote:
    >> > Does anyone know how to force all computers in our network to use
    >> > Daylight Savings Time. I have meetings that are getting thrown off
    >> > as some machines have it set and others do not
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> > Norman
    >>
    >> Not sure, but if you find out how to do this, note also that Outlook has
    > its
    >> own settings in tools | options | calendar options....will need to make
    > sure
    >> it's correct there as well. I'm presuming you're using Outlook because
    >> you
    >> mention 'meetings'....

Policy Microsoft Windows