Daylight Savings Time thourhg GPO

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 20, 2004 1:43:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Does anyone know how to force all computers in our network to use Daylight
Savings Time. I have meetings that are getting thrown off as some machines
have it set and others do not

Thanks
Norman
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 2:45:55 PM

Norman Rosenthal wrote:
> Does anyone know how to force all computers in our network to use
> Daylight Savings Time. I have meetings that are getting thrown off
> as some machines have it set and others do not
>
> Thanks
> Norman

Not sure, but if you find out how to do this, note also that Outlook has its
own settings in tools | options | calendar options....will need to make sure
it's correct there as well. I'm presuming you're using Outlook because you
mention 'meetings'....
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 6:50:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

I searched through GPO settings and could not find anything.
I think you will need to do it through a WMI script or find out what
registry bit is being flipped and push out a registry mod script. Regmon
from sysinternals.com should help you find out what setting is changed.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003 + Security

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Norman Rosenthal wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to force all computers in our network to use
> > Daylight Savings Time. I have meetings that are getting thrown off
> > as some machines have it set and others do not
> >
> > Thanks
> > Norman
>
> Not sure, but if you find out how to do this, note also that Outlook has
its
> own settings in tools | options | calendar options....will need to make
sure
> it's correct there as well. I'm presuming you're using Outlook because you
> mention 'meetings'....

Anonymous
October 22, 2004 3:35:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

how do you push out a registry script. I have a .reg file with all the
settings.

Thanks
Norman

!