Installing NWN:PE on Linux...

All the FAQ and information I can find on the linux client pages are for
the Gold edition and lower, has anyone made an installer or even a howto
for installing the platinum edition on Linux?

Leo Fellmann wrote:

Leo Fellmann wrote:

> Philip Callan wrote:
> | Leo Fellmann wrote:
> |
> | Philip Callan wrote:
> | | All the FAQ and information I can find on the linux client pages are
> | for
> | | the Gold edition and lower, has anyone made an installer or even a
> | howto
> | | for installing the platinum edition on Linux?
> |
> | I don't think the PE is even out yet, so it'd be hard to write a howto.
> |

> | Given that I'm holding it in my hands, and been playing it in windows
> | for a few hours, I think Canada may have seen an earlier release date
> | than elsewhere.
>
> All I can find slated for upcoming release is "Neverwinter Nights Deluxe
> Edition", which is only going to be on the market around 10th October.
> Lucky Canada :)

Being in Bioware's hometown gotta help somehow :)

Grumbling about booting windows, but having fun replaying nwn original
and stuff, got rid of my individual copies a while back, was busy with
ut2k4 and doom3 :)

I've mailed bioware re: linux installer, I know there was a third party
one out there that would install nwn and then expansions for you, I
figure maybe the author will update it for nwn:pe I hope, or bioware
posts a FAQ.

Philip

Philip Callan wrote:
> All the FAQ and information I can find on the linux client pages are for
> the Gold edition and lower, has anyone made an installer or even a howto
> for installing the platinum edition on Linux?

At the forum post here:

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=383525&forum=72

Is some information about installing the Platinum edition, and some
quirks (it doesn't show SoU on the menu, just NWN orig and HotU) so
perhaps by the time I've re-done the original campaign it will be fixed
and I can move to SoU.

Performance on my MDK10 box, with ati drivers, is pretty sweet.

TRENDING THREADS