Installing NWN:PE on Linux...

All the FAQ and information I can find on the linux client pages are for
the Gold edition and lower, has anyone made an installer or even a howto
for installing the platinum edition on Linux?
5 answers Last reply
More about installing linux

    Leo Fellmann wrote:

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Leo Fellmann wrote:

    > Philip Callan wrote:
    > | Leo Fellmann wrote:
    > |
    > | Philip Callan wrote:
    > | | All the FAQ and information I can find on the linux client pages are
    > | for
    > | | the Gold edition and lower, has anyone made an installer or even a
    > | howto
    > | | for installing the platinum edition on Linux?
    > |
    > | I don't think the PE is even out yet, so it'd be hard to write a howto.
    > |

    > | Given that I'm holding it in my hands, and been playing it in windows
    > | for a few hours, I think Canada may have seen an earlier release date
    > | than elsewhere.
    >
    > All I can find slated for upcoming release is "Neverwinter Nights Deluxe
    > Edition", which is only going to be on the market around 10th October.
    > Lucky Canada :)

    Being in Bioware's hometown gotta help somehow :)

    Grumbling about booting windows, but having fun replaying nwn original
    and stuff, got rid of my individual copies a while back, was busy with
    ut2k4 and doom3 :)

    I've mailed bioware re: linux installer, I know there was a third party
    one out there that would install nwn and then expansions for you, I
    figure maybe the author will update it for nwn:pe I hope, or bioware
    posts a FAQ.

    Philip
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Philip Callan wrote:
    > All the FAQ and information I can find on the linux client pages are for
    > the Gold edition and lower, has anyone made an installer or even a howto
    > for installing the platinum edition on Linux?

    At the forum post here:

    http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=383525&forum=72

    Is some information about installing the Platinum edition, and some
    quirks (it doesn't show SoU on the menu, just NWN orig and HotU) so
    perhaps by the time I've re-done the original campaign it will be fixed
    and I can move to SoU.

    Performance on my MDK10 box, with ati drivers, is pretty sweet.

Games Linux Video Games