SoftMaker TextMaker not as reliable as Pocket Word..

a b α HP
April 18, 2005 10:35:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Tell me if I am wrong.

But textMaker (version 394a HPC2000) is not the most reliable app no
doubt. Its nice, but PW is more reliable and faster to load.

Some of my problems are.

a) Sometimes when I sync my Jornada palmtop to my PC I get a message
stating that the files cannot be converted. The file(s) open just fine
on the Palmtop but for some reason wont sync. I usually solve this
problem by opening textmaker and copying all the text from the file(s)
to PW file(s) and then sycing.

b) It seems that often when I try to print from my Jornada 720 I cannot
print the entire document without the page not completing or something.
I am using the Jornada 720 serial to parallel adaptor with my HP 842C.
Sometimes pages do not finish, and other times the text prints out super
big. This parallel adaptor is very unreliable or perhaps its TextMaker,
as PW documents usually print wihtout much major hassle. But still I'd
never print 5 pages or more using such an adaptor.

John
--
Deut. 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

You might want to contact SoftMaker about this.

Eyal

Shaalabbin son of Ithlah wrote:
> Tell me if I am wrong.
>

> But textMaker (version 394a HPC2000) is not the most reliable app no
> doubt. Its nice, but PW is more reliable and faster to load.
>
> Some of my problems are.
>

> a) Sometimes when I sync my Jornada palmtop to my PC I get a message
> stating that the files cannot be converted. The file(s) open just fine
> on the Palmtop but for some reason wont sync. I usually solve this
> problem by opening textmaker and copying all the text from the file(s)
> to PW file(s) and then sycing.
>
> b) It seems that often when I try to print from my Jornada 720 I cannot
> print the entire document without the page not completing or something.
> I am using the Jornada 720 serial to parallel adaptor with my HP 842C.
> Sometimes pages do not finish, and other times the text prints out super
> big. This parallel adaptor is very unreliable or perhaps its TextMaker,
> as PW documents usually print wihtout much major hassle. But still I'd
> never print 5 pages or more using such an adaptor.
>

> John
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 1:16:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Shaalabbin son of Ithlah wrote:
> Tell me if I am wrong.
>

> But textMaker (version 394a HPC2000) is not the most reliable app no
> doubt. Its nice, but PW is more reliable and faster to load.
>
> Some of my problems are.

I am not aware of any similar bug reports from other customers. Also,
just syncing files back and forth doesn't even involve TextMaker or any
code written by SoftMaker.

Why are you using rev 394a when we are at rev 405 now? Your version is
about 18 months old.

Best,

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 1:46:09 PM

"Martin Kotulla" <mk999@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:D 44vg0$qh2$02$1@news.t-online.com...
| Shaalabbin son of Ithlah wrote:
| > Tell me if I am wrong.
| >

| > But textMaker (version 394a HPC2000) is not the most reliable app
no
| > doubt. Its nice, but PW is more reliable and faster to load.
| >
| > Some of my problems are.
| >
| I am not aware of any similar bug reports from other customers. Also,
| just syncing files back and forth doesn't even involve TextMaker or
any
| code written by SoftMaker.
|
| Why are you using rev 394a when we are at rev 405 now? Your version
is
| about 18 months old.
|
| Best,
|
| Martin Kotulla
| SoftMaker Software GmbH

I haven't seen the original post, the 'deficiencies were carefully cut
by Martin so it's hard to comment on them. Perhaps you can repost them
so that they can be seen and user comments be made about them please?

PW is faster to load but that's natural- it is smaller as it has lots
less features, but I'd like to hear those cut items please.
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 5:23:41 PM

alan smith wrote:

> I haven't seen the original post, the 'deficiencies were carefully cut
> by Martin so it's hard to comment on them. Perhaps you can repost them
> so that they can be seen and user comments be made about them please?

It is customary (at least in German Usenet groups) to cut down the quote
to the relevant passage one is commenting on, as courtesy to dial-up users.

The original post is still available on all news servers -- it is just
one day old.

The Message-ID is <nospam-A7C1FB.18345818042005@msnews.microsoft.com>

Here is the full quote:

<<<

[...]

-mk
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 21, 2005 1:16:59 AM

news:D 45e05$n58$00$1@news.t-online.com...
| alan smith wrote:
| >
| > I haven't seen the original post, the 'deficiencies were carefully
cut
| > by Martin so it's hard to comment on them. Perhaps you can repost
them
| > so that they can be seen and user comments be made about them
please?

| It is customary (at least in German Usenet groups) to cut down the
quote
| to the relevant passage one is commenting on, as courtesy to dial-up
users.

| The original post is still available on all news servers -- it is
just
| one day old.
|
| The Message-ID is <nospam-A7C1FB.18345818042005@msnews.microsoft.com>
|
| Here is the full quote:
|
| <<<
|
| Tell me if I am wrong.
|

| But textMaker (version 394a HPC2000) is not the most reliable app no
| doubt. Its nice, but PW is more reliable and faster to load.
|
| Some of my problems are.
|

| a) Sometimes when I sync my Jornada palmtop to my PC I get a message
| stating that the files cannot be converted. The file(s) open just
fine
| on the Palmtop but for some reason wont sync. I usually solve this
| problem by opening textmaker and copying all the text from the
file(s)
| to PW file(s) and then sycing.
|
| b) It seems that often when I try to print from my Jornada 720 I
cannot
| print the entire document without the page not completing or
something.
| I am using the Jornada 720 serial to parallel adaptor with my HP
842C.
| Sometimes pages do not finish, and other times the text prints out
super
| big. This parallel adaptor is very unreliable or perhaps its
TextMaker,
| as PW documents usually print wihtout much major hassle. But still
I'd
| never print 5 pages or more using such an adaptor.
|

| John
|

| Best,
|
| -mk

Thanks. I did look on my newserver, it wasn't there. It doesn't so much
to be anything to do with Textmaker, but if he has to connect to the PC
to print (I assume) then why not just open the document in Word and
print that? (If it prints ok that way?)
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 21, 2005 1:12:24 PM

alan smith wrote:

> Thanks. I did look on my newserver, it wasn't there. It doesn't so much
> to be anything to do with Textmaker, but if he has to connect to the PC
> to print (I assume) then why not just open the document in Word and
> print that? (If it prints ok that way?)

The original message was posted either through Microsoft's news server
or their web interface. Years ago, many newsservers had problems pulling
messages from there, resulting in incomplete feeds presented in all
microsoft.* groups to their respective customers.

If your server doesn't have the original message from John, you should
complain to your newsmaster.

Best,

-mk
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 21, 2005 1:20:37 PM

news:D 47jku$7rq$02$1@news.t-online.com...
| alan smith wrote:
| >
| > Thanks. I did look on my newserver, it wasn't there. It doesn't so
much
| > to be anything to do with Textmaker, but if he has to connect to
the PC
| > to print (I assume) then why not just open the document in Word and
| > print that? (If it prints ok that way?)
| >

| The original message was posted either through Microsoft's news
server
| or their web interface. Years ago, many newsservers had problems
pulling
| messages from there, resulting in incomplete feeds presented in all
| microsoft.* groups to their respective customers.
|
| If your server doesn't have the original message from John, you
should
| complain to your newsmaster.
|
| Best,
|
| -mk