.adm custom

Sher

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

Hi all,
Has anyone written a .adm that will allow you to hide each of the 26 drives
indivuallly. Example: I want to hide a mapped drive to program files. It
is the P: drive. Under group policy there is an option to hide a,b,c,d but
not just one drive like the p: drive.
I am trying to hide all the places in windows XP where a user has to have
modify rights in order to run the programs under the p: drive so that the
user cannot delete the program files and can only run the program by using an
icon.
Hope this makes sense. With all the security settings it seems that there
is a big flaw when it comes to locking down program files from being deleted
(most of our programs must have modify rights given to the users.)
Thanks in advane for any help
Sher

Pls refer to this KB.

Using Group Policy Objects to hide specified drives in My Computer for
Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=231289

BR,
Denis