Machine connecting to AD server with multiple nics

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 20, 2004 9:02:29 PM

OK, here's the setup. Two VMWare sessions on the same computer

First Computer:
- AD 2003 Server
- 1 NIC hard coded to 1.1.1.1

Second Computer:
- 2003 Terminal Server
- 2 NICs
- one hard coded to 1.1.1.2/255.255.255.0 and DNS 1.1.1.1
- two dynamic and bridged straight onto the network

The first computer is hidden from the world on my system as is the
1.1.1.2 nic on the second computer. The second computer can see the
rest of the world as well as authenticate internally with the AD
server. When the bridged network connection is active, the policies
do not apply but still allow login with the domain accounts. When I
pull the plug and restart the Terminal Server it works and restricts
based on GPO's as expected. I do get DNS errors in the Application
Event log about not being able to register. Anyone know how to
resolve this so both NIC's can be active and still have it work?
Thanks.

JR
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 6:51:52 AM

What are the userenv errors you are getting?

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003 + Security

!