Sign in with
Your question

ATI R600 tests and benchies?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2007 9:27:51 PM

Dunno if this has already been posted before

but here ya go: http://level505.com/2006/12/30/the-full-ati-r600-test/1...

edit: K iv just been told its fake and was posted aaages ago....so dont yell at me :p  :lol: 

infact i just remembered that i did see this someone where before...lol. woops :oops: 
January 22, 2007 9:37:28 PM

It's been posted very long time ago.

And guess what.... It's totally fake.
January 22, 2007 9:58:20 PM

Here you go dude.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 22, 2007 10:05:45 PM

Quote:
Here you go dude.

i saw that one today :p 
January 22, 2007 10:07:20 PM

You could probably treat both the links that have been posted so far with the same credibility.
January 22, 2007 10:15:42 PM

That article had me going too until I quickly found no other site or magazine had any 'leaked benchmarks', moreover level505 put the article down several times, and after being roasted with criticism, continued to contend the authenticity of the 'performance tests'. The only way your going to know is when it hits shelves, the latest rumor being June, while others say this quarter. I'm not on the cutting edge of information, but I would assume that whether or not the R600 outperforms the 8000 series, it will instigate a price drop from Nvidia since they'll have dx10 competition. Its redundant and annoying to hear... But I'll have to wait. :cry: 

Hearty laugh out louds to Anoobis's link!
January 22, 2007 10:32:26 PM

Quote:
Here you go dude.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
January 22, 2007 10:46:04 PM

Quote:
but I would assume that whether or not the R600 outperforms the 8000 series, it will instigate a price drop from Nvidia since they'll have dx10 competition. Its redundant and annoying to hear... But I'll have to wait.

What I'm waiting for is the RS690G (or whatever AMD will call it), the H.264 capable X700 variant with four pixel pipelines. That should have been out last summer, but the latest is a February release.

My idea was to not bother with a new shader 3.0 graphics card for a few months, and tolerate performance just under that of the AIW Radeon 9800 Pro in my AGP system. Then, when the DX10 equivalent to the X1950 Pro arrives (ie $200 or so), I'd pounce.

I wonder if AMD/ATI will delay their DX10 integrated graphics? That's what I really want for a multimedia and midrange gaming system. Supposedly, the onboard graphics will work alongside a discreet GPU for something other than a second monitor.

We'll see. I just think there have been too many delays due to the merger. ATI alone was bad enough, ATI/AMD seems more focused on what they could do four years from now, rather than what they need to do today.

One rumour I like is that they really aren't ditching the All in Wonder line. I'd love to see a DX10 All in Wonder card in my soon to be built system this year.
!