GPO Object Questions

I have a GPO setup with restricted groups at the OU level.
The questions I have are:

If I change the refresh interval, and Security Policy Processing setting for
the computer administrative template for this GPO does it affect the the
settings for other GPO's at the same level, and lower levels, for that matter.

Are the modifications restricted only to that GPO?

Will changing GPO Computer Security settings affect any other GPO's.

If a GPO setting is set to 'not configured' does that setting have a default
value, or does it have no effect?

--
Henry...

Hi Henry,

If a setting is "not defined" that means that any GP setting above the gpo
where a setting is not defined will be prevalent. If no gpo defines this,
the local computer setting is left intact. If you think of all your GPOs in
a tree, the bottom most GPO is effective. This effectivity is on a per
setting basis. Have you looked at the resultant set of polic y stuff in XP
(start>run>rsop.msc)? This will let you model the applied GP settings on any
machine/user combination in your LAN.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us