GPO for HKEY_CURRENT_USER

tdog

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004

Hello,

We are trying to apply new Outlook Security Template settings to our W2K and
XP systems. The template has been updated, but now we need to add the
Registry value CheckAdminSettings to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Security so Outlook knows to
check for the Security Template updates we are making.

We wanted to do this via SMS but unfortunately people who are Power Users
cannot write to that Registry location. Plan B is to do it via GPO rollout,
but there does not appear to be a Registry item under User
Configuration-Windows Settings-Security Settings, so we cannot add the value
we need to and have it populate for the current user. Am I looking in the
wrong place, or is there another approach to this I should be considering?
Thanks.

tdog

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004

Ah, never mind - this article explains the GPO approach:
http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=793