Memory Integrity Test Failed

Deviant

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
Good eveningg,

Last night my laptop was unable to boot up. I run the diagnostics tool available at the Dell's star screen and I found my laptop had this error displayed when it perfomormed the XMATS32 Test

Error Code: 0123
Msg Error Code: 2000-0123
MSG: Memory Integrity Test Failed
Adress = 0_31FEE0A4h, Actual= FFFFFFF9h, Expected= FFFFFFFBh
Location = DIMM_A

Can somedbody help me out please?

Thanks in advance,

John

Clear the bios. Remove the battery for 30 seconds.
Run the test again.
If you still have the problem, you have a bad memory module in DIMM socket A.
Get the manual for your laptop and look up how to replace a memory module.

jlord9485

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I am having the same problem with my dell inspiron 1720. Except that the error message is in memory Dimm b. I replaced both and continue getting error codes with memory dimm b. It is making me think there is an issue with my mother board. If anyone has any suggestions or solutions, please help. Thank you.

G

It's funny, my Dell Inspiron 1720, did the same thing tonight... still trying to fix it.

deepesh upreti

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hi Deviant,

My name is Deepesh and I am working with Dell Social media team.
As you have mentioned that you were getting an error code 2000-0123 while running the diagnostics test , the resolution for the problem you posted would be as follows.

• Please power down the system
• Re-seat memory DIMMS.
• Retry ePSA (Diagnostics) again, if no error occurs
• Then it was a DIMM connection issue.
• Motherboard connectors for memory could be at fault.
• If there is still an error then, Check for latest BIOS from the www.support.dell.com.
http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dfh
• Select your system model or the service tag.
• From the drop down menu please select the operating system , whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.
• Click on BIOS drop down button
• Download the Dell-BIOS file
• Run the same file
• It will update the BIOS and then,
• It will restart your system automatically .

After the system gets restarted please check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Please feel free to reply if you have any more questions regarding the issue.

Thanks,
Dell-Deepesh

ohcountrybaby

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012

I've tried tried everything suggested. I was able to run diagnostics with no errrors when I had nothing in the DIMM_B slot (though my original errors said the problem was with the DIMM_A slot) but when I put RAM back in the B slot I got errors for the A slot again. The system still will not boot, not normal, not safe mode, nothing. I need help!

ravella

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
if my laptop d]isplays only memory integrity test failed,then can i conform that my laptop has no hard disk problem