Coolermaster Stacker without the stupid fuzzy filter fronts?

cronjob

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
I'm building an E6600, 680i, 8800 GTX (eventually, SLI) box with several drives, 4gb RAM and a Tuniq 120 heatsink/fan (heavy, tall) and I am hoping to overclock to about 3.6ghz.

One of the best cases I've ever owned is my Cooler Master 810 and I'd like to buy another one (the 830 for $250, perhaps?). I love how solid it is. I love the slide-out motherboard tray. I love the ease of the drive mounts. The roominess of the case. The solid aluminum construction and the nice, big wheels.

The only thing I dislike about the Stacker line of Cooler Master is that the entire front of the machine has these awful metal mesh drive bay covers with a filter on the inside. They are supposed to clip to the machine if you push it in just right. There are two big problems with this -- they never fit in quite right so half of them are smushed all the way into the case and are difficult to insert/remove. And if you have a dusty environment like I do, it sucks it all right into the filters. The entire front of my current Cooler Master looks like my box has been snorting cocaine.

The other thing I don't care too much about this box for is all the holes drilled into the sides and the spot for four or more fans on the entire side of the case. I don't see how that can be efficient for airflow. Especially for overclocking as it completely impedes the front-to-back airflow.

So, my question is what is a good alternative to the Coolermaster 830? Especially keeping in mind that I like a solid box with all the features (great wheels, slide-out mobo tray, easy drive mounting, airflow, etc)?

Thank you for any guidance!

PS: I'm looking for quality, simplicity, efficiency and functionality above price. $250 to $300 is probably the limit I am comfortable spending on just the case, but I am not nearly as concerned with that as I am with having a case that I will fall in love with.