Help with set up prblem

cowcrusher

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
I have installed everything correctly im 99% sure but when i power on my computer it doesn't find my master and slave's and my master has windows on it. Could the problem be the mobo? or what. if u need computer details i can provide them

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I have installed everything correctly im 99% sure but when i power on my computer it doesn't find my master and slave's and my master has windows on it. Could the problem be the mobo? or what. if u need computer details i can provide them

You mean your board can't find the hdd and it won't boot into windows?Try turn off your pc, then set the jumper of your hdd...wait, you didn't list your pc's spec...is it PATA or SATA? If it's PATA, then set the jumper accordingly, one for master, one for slave (if they share same cable or with other IDE device ie DVD-ROM/RW drv etc.). If it's SATA, try looking in the BIOS,disable RAID, may be the option were set to ON by default/mistake.Check your cables (PATA/SATA and power cable). There's also a probability your PSU can't support enough power...

cowcrusher

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
it is pata and it shares a jumper with the dvd drive but the bios are not detecting either device through the ide plugin. also the psu is 500 watts and i have a msi p965 platinum mobo, crosair xms ddr2 800 ram, 7600gt gpu and a e6400 processor