Allowing users to set home page in IE

A co-worker decided to force a home page on my users. I decided against it,
so in Group Policy for the object I went into User Configuration/Windows
Settings/Internet Explorer Maintenance/URLs/Important URLs and deleted the
entry for Home page URL and unchecked the Customize Home page URL.

Problem now is that the user's selected home page is being overwritten with
the about:blank entry. How do I just let the user select and KEEP their home
page

--

Mike Matheny

Can you try this?

Right click Internet Explorer Maintenance and select Reset browser settings.

This will remove all your settings.

BR,
Denis

"Mike Matheny" wrote:

> A co-worker decided to force a home page on my users. I decided against it,
> so in Group Policy for the object I went into User Configuration/Windows
> Settings/Internet Explorer Maintenance/URLs/Important URLs and deleted the
> entry for Home page URL and unchecked the Customize Home page URL.
>
> Problem now is that the user's selected home page is being overwritten with
> the about:blank entry. How do I just let the user select and KEEP their home
> page
>

> --
>
> Mike Matheny

TRENDING THREADS