Updating NTFS permissions on XP clients using GPO

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 27, 2004 5:56:55 PM

Hi All,

I was wondering if the subject line is possible or does scripting have to be
involved? I would like to change permissions on a specific file on every
computer on the domain.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 2:29:02 AM

Chris,

I believe that you can use GPO to change the permissions on the directory
structure. Not sure that you can do it for individual files. The file
would have to reside in a folder that was 'touched'.

HTH,

Cary

!