Updating NTFS permissions on XP clients using GPO

Hi All,

I was wondering if the subject line is possible or does scripting have to be
involved? I would like to change permissions on a specific file on every
computer on the domain.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about updating ntfs permissions clients

    Chris,

    I believe that you can use GPO to change the permissions on the directory
    structure. Not sure that you can do it for individual files. The file
    would have to reside in a folder that was 'touched'.

    HTH,

    Cary

    "Chris Henderson" <please@dont.ask.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I was wondering if the subject line is possible or does scripting have to
    be
    > involved? I would like to change permissions on a specific file on every
    > computer on the domain.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Chris

Permissions NTFS Windows XP Windows