Power Schemes

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hello, I want to alter the power management registry settings using GPO. I
was told that any registry setting could be changed through GPO, is that
statement true? If this is possible, how would I accomplish this? I've tried
to create a custom .adm but it will not allow me to change HKCU\Control
Panel\PowerCfg\CurrentPowerPolicy. It seems all the keynames must be under
Software\Policies or Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies and
placing the settings there won't change the power scheme. I've seen the free
govt utility but that requires a client .exe to be loaded and I don't want to
do it that way. I only want to use GPO to manage this, if possible. Thanks
for any help. Ray

=?Utf-8?B?UmF5?= <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> said

> Hello, I want to alter the power management registry settings using GPO.
> I was told that any registry setting could be changed through GPO, is
> that statement true? If this is possible, how would I accomplish this?
> I've tried to create a custom .adm but it will not allow me to change
> HKCU\Control Panel\PowerCfg\CurrentPowerPolicy. It seems all the
> keynames must be under Software\Policies or
> Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies and placing the
> settings there won't change the power scheme. I've seen the free govt
> utility but that requires a client .exe to be loaded and I don't want to
> do it that way. I only want to use GPO to manage this, if possible.
> Thanks for any help. Ray

Try here:
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_pm_ez_gpo

--
Andy.

Ray,

This question has been asked several times in this newsgroup. Do a search
for 'power' and I am sure that you will find the answer.

HTH,

Cary