Why aint my policy firing?

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

In GPMC under 'Computer configuration-Administrative
Templates-Network-Network Connections-Windows Firewall-domain Profile', Im
enabling "define port exceptionss". I need to open a port for Norton Anti
Virus and am using the following string (Dont know if its the correct
format):

"2967:UDP:192.168.200.0/224:enabled:SymenatedAntivirusPort"

I set this yesterday befor going home but when I logged in this morning I
checked my firewall and that port wasn't open.

I havent used this new GPMC much , so could anyone tell me how to get htis
thing to fire? To create it I created a new GPO under the "Group Policy
Object" node in GPMC and then edited it to open that port.

Thanks,

Grant

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Some further investigation:

Ive just updated Windows firewall GPO with a few other settings like allow
ICMP and file and printer sharing. When I run GPRESULT /V on the local
machine I get a list starting with computer settings. Here is a snippet of
what it contains under "COMPUTER SETTINGS":