Modifying local machine policy via script?

zack

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

I am trying to enable scripts that run on logon and logoff in order to
encrypt/decrypt certain local hard drives on laptops. Currently, I have
them set via a GPO; the scripts work perfectly when the laptops are on the
network, but since GPO scripts are stored on the network, they don't run
when the laptops are out of the office. I'm looking to make them run all
the time, even when users log on with locally-cached credentials.

So, my current objective is to set the scripts in the laptops' local
policies so that they are stored locally and always run. However I'm not
aware of a way to make these changes in an automated fashion, and haven't
had much luck searching for a simple solution. Is anyone aware of the
registry keys that set local policy logon/off scripts?

Many thanks,

-Zack-

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:37:00 -0500, Zack <zschiel(@at@blueandco.dot.com> wrote:

>I am trying to enable scripts that run on logon and logoff in order to
>encrypt/decrypt certain local hard drives on laptops. Currently, I have
>them set via a GPO; the scripts work perfectly when the laptops are on the
>network, but since GPO scripts are stored on the network, they don't run
>when the laptops are out of the office. I'm looking to make them run all
>the time, even when users log on with locally-cached credentials.
>
>So, my current objective is to set the scripts in the laptops' local
>policies so that they are stored locally and always run. However I'm not
>aware of a way to make these changes in an automated fashion, and haven't
>had much luck searching for a simple solution. Is anyone aware of the
>registry keys that set local policy logon/off scripts?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>-Zack-

See tip 3612 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com for how.

Jerold Schulman