Quests not finishing in Luskan, inc Tower

Playing the original campaign solo. When I got into Luskan, I wasn't able
to finish the gnome ring and whore's baby quests... the people on the
other end didn't have any conversational options about it. I didn't give
it much thought and went on.

But when I fought my way up to the top of the Hosttower, nothing happens.
The gate's locked but there's no talking and no one's doing anything.
Aribeth and the other NPCs just stand and stretch. I can attack the
lizardmen with ranged weapons and kill them, but that doesn't do anything
to advance things. I tried playing forward from several earlier saves,
always with the same results. I didn't have any problems hosting a
multiplayer game in that point. Any suggestions?

--
David "No Nickname" Crowe jetman@getnet.net Website being moved again

"[He] has a better grasp of real science, but you have a better grasp of
comic-book science." -My Villians and Vigilantes GM, to me.
5 answers Last reply
More about quests finishing luskan tower

    David Crowe wrote:
    > Playing the original campaign solo. When I got into Luskan, I wasn't able
    > to finish the gnome ring and whore's baby quests... the people on the
    > other end didn't have any conversational options about it. I didn't give
    > it much thought and went on.
    >
    > But when I fought my way up to the top of the Hosttower, nothing happens.
    > The gate's locked but there's no talking and no one's doing anything.
    > Aribeth and the other NPCs just stand and stretch. I can attack the
    > lizardmen with ranged weapons and kill them, but that doesn't do anything
    > to advance things. I tried playing forward from several earlier saves,
    > always with the same results. I didn't have any problems hosting a
    > multiplayer game in that point. Any suggestions?

    Coincidentally, I just finished that part of the OC in the last couple
    of days (though it did advance properly to Ch.3)

    Just thinking out loud, but perhaps try talking to Aarin Gend the
    spymaster....maybe you need to talk to him about Aribeth's situation to
    advance the plot. That's all I can think of.

    CS.

    > > Playing the original campaign solo. When I got into Luskan, I wasn't
    able
    > > to finish the gnome ring and whore's baby quests... the people on the
    > > other end didn't have any conversational options about it. I didn't
    give
    > > it much thought and went on.
    > >
    > > But when I fought my way up to the top of the Hosttower, nothing
    happens.
    > > The gate's locked but there's no talking and no one's doing anything.
    > > Aribeth and the other NPCs just stand and stretch. I can attack the
    > > lizardmen with ranged weapons and kill them, but that doesn't do
    anything
    > > to advance things. I tried playing forward from several earlier saves,
    > > always with the same results. I didn't have any problems hosting a
    > > multiplayer game in that point. Any suggestions?

    That's a well-known bug.

    - Have you updated NWN? If not, do so. Then clear the temp/cache directories
    and try again.
    - Already updated? Clear the temp/cache directories and try again.

    Otherwise, you'll have to use console commands to advance the plot... I
    don't have the comands required, but you can search with Google Groups or
    Google... it has been discussed before.

    Don't know about baby or the gnome ring, but I once experienced similar at
    the tower pinnacle.

    I was messing with my character (buffing up, preparing for battle) while
    maugrim and aribeth were talking behind the locked gate. After the
    conversation finished with them noticing me, nothing happened.

    Luckily I had saved just before entering the pinnacle, so I just reloaded
    that. But this I didn't do anything while the conversation was going on
    (just stood near the gate) and the script executed as it should: the gate
    opened and the fight started. Must be some loop holes in the script that
    easily shoot it of course.

    You could try, as already suggested, using the debugmode to launch the
    approriate scripts. Don't know what they are though, sorry.

    "KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> kirjoitti
    viestissä:2rpqj2F1cfdtmU1@uni-berlin.de...
    >> > Playing the original campaign solo. When I got into Luskan, I wasn't
    > able
    >> > to finish the gnome ring and whore's baby quests... the people on the
    >> > other end didn't have any conversational options about it. I didn't
    > give
    >> > it much thought and went on.
    >> >
    >> > But when I fought my way up to the top of the Hosttower, nothing
    > happens.
    >> > The gate's locked but there's no talking and no one's doing anything.
    >> > Aribeth and the other NPCs just stand and stretch. I can attack the
    >> > lizardmen with ranged weapons and kill them, but that doesn't do
    > anything
    >> > to advance things. I tried playing forward from several earlier saves,
    >> > always with the same results. I didn't have any problems hosting a
    >> > multiplayer game in that point. Any suggestions?
    >
    > That's a well-known bug.
    >
    > - Have you updated NWN? If not, do so. Then clear the temp/cache
    > directories
    > and try again.
    > - Already updated? Clear the temp/cache directories and try again.
    >
    > Otherwise, you'll have to use console commands to advance the plot... I
    > don't have the comands required, but you can search with Google Groups or
    > Google... it has been discussed before.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Vellu wrote:
    > Don't know about baby or the gnome ring, but I once experienced similar at
    > the tower pinnacle.
    >
    > I was messing with my character (buffing up, preparing for battle) while
    > maugrim and aribeth were talking behind the locked gate. After the
    > conversation finished with them noticing me, nothing happened.
    >
    > Luckily I had saved just before entering the pinnacle, so I just reloaded
    > that. But this I didn't do anything while the conversation was going on
    > (just stood near the gate) and the script executed as it should: the gate
    > opened and the fight started. Must be some loop holes in the script that
    > easily shoot it of course.
    >
    > You could try, as already suggested, using the debugmode to launch the
    > approriate scripts. Don't know what they are though, sorry.
    >
    > "KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> kirjoitti
    > viestissä:2rpqj2F1cfdtmU1@uni-berlin.de...

    >>able

    >>give

    >>happens.

    >>anything

    >>That's a well-known bug.
    >>
    >>- Have you updated NWN? If not, do so. Then clear the temp/cache
    >>directories
    >>and try again.
    >>- Already updated? Clear the temp/cache directories and try again.
    >>
    >>Otherwise, you'll have to use console commands to advance the plot... I
    >>don't have the comands required, but you can search with Google Groups or
    >>Google... it has been discussed before.

    My problem with this scene went as such: Before confronting Maugrim et.
    al. I wanted to sneak down into his lab, so as I was walking down the
    stairs I guess the script began to run and he and Aribeth started
    talking. I entered the lab, and at some point in the lab they 'noticed'
    me and when I went back up to the top, Maugrim, Aribeth, and the other
    thing (Morag?) were gone, and the lizards were already hostile. So I had
    to reload and go back up there so I didn't miss hearing the scene.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:26:03 +0300, "Vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Don't know about baby or the gnome ring, but I once experienced similar at
    >the tower pinnacle.
    >
    >I was messing with my character (buffing up, preparing for battle) while
    >maugrim and aribeth were talking behind the locked gate. After the
    >conversation finished with them noticing me, nothing happened.
    >
    >Luckily I had saved just before entering the pinnacle, so I just reloaded
    >that. But this I didn't do anything while the conversation was going on
    >(just stood near the gate) and the script executed as it should: the gate
    >opened and the fight started. Must be some loop holes in the script that
    >easily shoot it of course.

    I've never had the battle start properly according to this.
    I've always done it by lobbing fireballs.

Video Games