GPO changed on server but not in install.ins ???

Philippe

Hello,

I have several win2003 servers and i have changed the GPO for proxy
connection.
in my "do not use proxy server for adresses beginning with..." i changed
some addresses and when i do a gpupdate /force, the change is not coming
through.
when i delete my client proxy settings and i do a gpupdate /force, the old
settings are re-applied.
I can find those old settings in the install.ins on the servers but why
isn't that changed when i change my settings IN my group policy ??

cheers,
Philippe

Can you try this? Right clicking IE Maintenance, and select Reset Browser
Settings, and then set it all over again?

BR,
Denis

"Philippe" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have several win2003 servers and i have changed the GPO for proxy
> connection.
> in my "do not use proxy server for adresses beginning with..." i changed
> some addresses and when i do a gpupdate /force, the change is not coming
> through.
> when i delete my client proxy settings and i do a gpupdate /force, the old
> settings are re-applied.
> I can find those old settings in the install.ins on the servers but why
> isn't that changed when i change my settings IN my group policy ??
>
> cheers,
> Philippe

Philippe

Hi, i tried it (no settings anymore) and did a gpupdate /force but it stays
the same in internet explorer.
The problem is that install.ins!!
can i delete that file ?
grtz,