Cannot get Printers and Faxes icon back onto Start Menu

Having set the 'Remove programs on Settings menu' GPO previously we
now want the Printers and Faxes to appea ron our menus and so have set
it back to Not Configured.

However, the Printers and Faxes icon has not reappeared.

GPM results wizard confirms that no policy is being applied for that
GPO, and all other changes within the same policy are applying OK.
e.g. Changing the Run command GPO toggles it on and off no problem.

I have set up PCs from scratch but they suffer the same issue, so it's
not a client problem.

Has anyone come across anything similar, and/or any suggestions?

Cheers

Rob

Ok, sorted this.

We had a registry update forcing a specific Start Menu configuraiton
onto each PC, and this included the reg key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowPrinters.

The update set it to zero, thus cancelling out the GPO settings.

Oops.