profile Group policy problem?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have several hundred students that I want to use a standard mandatoiry
profie with. I have had the profile running and working for 2 months and
now I cannoet seem to get it working. I also have a Group Policy on the OU
and I was using batch files to map shares from servers. Last week it
stopped working and I cannot figure out why, the only thing that was done
was the login file was changed to map another drive, since then it will not
work. What loads is a profile that is a hybrid of what I have setup and the
default. Some of the more important items are missing, things like share
printers, preloaded software and shortcuts bars. I am going nuts here
because this thing will not work, and any help would be appreciated.

Eric

Eric,

Take a look at the Event logs on your Domain Controllers to see if there are
any errors ( you find this by simply right clicking on 'My Computer' and
selecting 'Manage' - or this is one way to get there ). Also, I would
install the Support Tools from the WIN2000 Service Pack CD - or you can
download them from the MS Web Site - and run dcdaig /c /v and netdiag /v to
get an idea of what is going on. I might also take a look at repadmin
/showreps and repadmin /showconn as well as replmon.

And, as with all things Active Directory, I would make sure that all is well
with DNS.

These are just basic, general steps. I might also look at FRS since this
might be where the problem is. You could use frsdiag for this ( as well as
ultrasound and/or sonar ).

HTH,

Cary