registry permission on local machines

I have an application that requires all the users to have either power user
or admin rights to run. The database is on the server (2003 Enterprise) and
the clients just access the database to share it. I have found what registry
keys that they need to be given full access to (at their client machines) so
that I can leave them users. How would I accomplish this permission for each
of the local machines. Through GP or NTFS permissions?

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:10:03 -0800, "ryanb from KC" <ryanbfromKC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an application that requires all the users to have either power user
>or admin rights to run. The database is on the server (2003 Enterprise) and
>the clients just access the database to share it. I have found what registry
>keys that they need to be given full access to (at their client machines) so
>that I can leave them users. How would I accomplish this permission for each
>of the local machines. Through GP or NTFS permissions?

See tip 3583 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.