folder redirection persists.....problem !

Hello,

I have a policy setting folder redirection.
Now I need certain users to be excluded from this policy (moving users
is not an option) so that folder redirection no longer occurs. So I
denied these users the right to read and apply the policy.

RSOP correctly says that these users no longer have folder redirection
applied but I can see that the desktop is still being redirected.

Has anybody ever seen this behaviour ???

Thanx
Bar

You'll have to re-give them rights to the policy, and then check the
Behavior tab in the folder redirection properties window. There are
settings there for what to do when the policy no longer applies (such as
"leave configuration the same" or "revert back to original config".

After that change propogates to them, you can remove their rights again.

"barabba" <barabba72@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a policy setting folder redirection.
> Now I need certain users to be excluded from this policy (moving users
> is not an option) so that folder redirection no longer occurs. So I
> denied these users the right to read and apply the policy.
>
> RSOP correctly says that these users no longer have folder redirection
> applied but I can see that the desktop is still being redirected.
>
> Has anybody ever seen this behaviour ???
>
> Thanx
> Bar

Just redirect it again to where you want it.
The redirection policy sets the setting in My Documents\Poperties\Target
folder location. When you Deny the policy, you do not reverse it back to the
default; you just leave it where it is (depending on the policy
configuration as Gabe Knuth says).
Anthony