[HotU] Epic stats

How easy is it to get feats like Construct Shape (requires Wis 27+) or
Blinding Speed (Dex 25+) in HotU? In the p&p game you can get items/wish
spells to buff up your stats to meet these prereqs, but does NWN allow the
same?

--
Hong Ooi | "I like snowballs."
hong@zipworld.com.au | -- CA

Hong Ooi wrote:
> How easy is it to get feats like Construct Shape (requires Wis 27+) or
> Blinding Speed (Dex 25+) in HotU? In the p&p game you can get items/wish
> spells to buff up your stats to meet these prereqs, but does NWN allow the
> same?

HotU adds feats called Great Strength, Great Dexterity, etc. that allow
you to permanently increase a stat by +1 and you can take each of those
feats a maximum of ten times. So, yeah, if you start with a high score,
put lots of level-up points in the ability and use those feats, you can
get the necessary scores.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:42:24 GMT, Barry Scott Will
<nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote:

>Hong Ooi wrote:
>> How easy is it to get feats like Construct Shape (requires Wis 27+) or
>> Blinding Speed (Dex 25+) in HotU? In the p&p game you can get items/wish
>> spells to buff up your stats to meet these prereqs, but does NWN allow the
>> same?
>

>HotU adds feats called Great Strength, Great Dexterity, etc. that allow
>you to permanently increase a stat by +1 and you can take each of those
>feats a maximum of ten times. So, yeah, if you start with a high score,
>put lots of level-up points in the ability and use those feats, you can
>get the necessary scores.

Thanks. What sort of stats could you realistically hope to get by the end
of HotU, though? IIRC you don't go all the way to 40th level in that one.

--
Hong Ooi | "I like snowballs."
hong@zipworld.com.au | -- CA
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ |
Sydney, Australia |

Vellu

You typically end up with 27-28 level character at the end of Hotu, so not
that high actually. Haven't done the exact math, so not sure what the max
stat would be at that point plus it depends on a quite a lot of things (how
many epic feats did you get to take and did you use all of them for "Great
'something' +1", did you put all natural ability increases to that
particular ability, what was your beginning stat). But I would imagine 25-27
should be reachable at that point.

The ability scores have to be natural to access those feats you mentioned
(and some others). Items/spells/potions only help during game play.

"Hong Ooi" <hong@zipworld.com.au> kirjoitti
viestissä:3rpil0tnmurcp7rnt4ic49ect4pbnt8iqn@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:42:24 GMT, Barry Scott Will
> <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote:
>
>>Hong Ooi wrote:
>>> How easy is it to get feats like Construct Shape (requires Wis 27+) or
>>> Blinding Speed (Dex 25+) in HotU? In the p&p game you can get items/wish
>>> spells to buff up your stats to meet these prereqs, but does NWN allow
>>> the
>>> same?
>>

>>HotU adds feats called Great Strength, Great Dexterity, etc. that allow
>>you to permanently increase a stat by +1 and you can take each of those
>>feats a maximum of ten times. So, yeah, if you start with a high score,
>>put lots of level-up points in the ability and use those feats, you can
>>get the necessary scores.
>
> Thanks. What sort of stats could you realistically hope to get by the end
> of HotU, though? IIRC you don't go all the way to 40th level in that one.
>

> --
> Hong Ooi | "I like snowballs."
> hong@zipworld.com.au | -- CA
> http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ |