Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Windows 7 asks me to format my NOKIA Micro SD memory card when I insert it?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Format
  • Phones
  • Nokia
  • Memory Card
  • Windows 7
  • Micro Sd
Last response: in Windows 7
July 5, 2011 7:16:13 AM

Hello,

Recently, when I inserted my phone memory card in my laptop, Windows 7 asks me to format my NOKIA Micro SD card before I could use it.
My problem is all my data such as contacts and msgs are all in the m. card and when I insert it back into my phone (Nokia N80) it hangs right away and stops responding as well. When eject the card, ny phone becomes fine. I know enough to understand that the card has some form of virus. Unfornately, I badly need the data in it. Please if anyone would have any advise or suggestions to solve this problem and save my data. Please let me know. Thanks

More about : windows asks format nokia micro memory card insert

July 5, 2011 3:50:05 PM

no, the card doesnt necassarily have a virus. did you eject the card from the phone before you removed it? if not, you could have corrupted it and lost all the data.
m
l
July 12, 2011 8:34:05 AM

I think I did remove it witout ejecting...lets assume i did...any way of salvaging the corrupt data or is everything lost??
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2011 3:47:48 AM

if someone has relied or commented on this thread. I cant see it but I have received three email notifications so far saying someone replied but when I log in to check, theres nothing.
m
l
July 26, 2011 12:10:37 AM

still cant view the replies that anyone has posted...soryy :S
m
l