Shutdown script limitations

What limitations apply when one is running a shutdown script?
We can't get get a (home brewn) application to access a share on another
machine if we're running the application as a shutdown script.
The network is up though, and from what I've read at MS
the network configuration is the last thinh that is teared down during a
shutdown.

"Lars Olsson" <lasseolsson@myrealbox.com> said

> What limitations apply when one is running a shutdown script?
> We can't get get a (home brewn) application to access a share on another
> machine if we're running the application as a shutdown script.
> The network is up though, and from what I've read at MS
> the network configuration is the last thinh that is teared down during a
> shutdown.

The shutdown script runs after the user has logged out, but just before the
computer shuts down. As a result of this, it runs under the Local System
account. This account has full rights to the local computer, but no rights on
any other computer. This is why you are experiencing this problem.

--
Andy.

Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> said

> "Lars Olsson" <lasseolsson@myrealbox.com> said
>
>> What limitations apply when one is running a shutdown script?
>> We can't get get a (home brewn) application to access a share on
>> another machine if we're running the application as a shutdown script.
>> The network is up though, and from what I've read at MS
>> the network configuration is the last thinh that is teared down during
>> a shutdown.
>>

> The shutdown script runs after the user has logged out, but just before
> the computer shuts down. As a result of this, it runs under the Local
> System account. This account has full rights to the local computer, but
> no rights on any other computer. This is why you are experiencing this
> problem.

Correction. It runs under the computer account, so it will only have access
to network resources if the computer account has access to those resources.

--
Andy.