Restrict logon hours

Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I have a problem with Logon Hours restrictions in Win2000 Server. I tried to
set these restrictions for some users on the domain controller, in GPO
"Automatically logoff users when logon time expires" is Enabled. When the
user is trying to logon during restrictid period, it works fine, but when the
user is already logged on, nothing happens. He can continue to work, connect
network drives .... Another strange thing is, that when I use "net accouns
/forcelogoff:10 /domain" command, it is replaced with 0 when the GPO is
applied. I cannot find, where to set this in GPO. Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Ivan

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 02:34:06 -0800, "Ivan" <Ivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a problem with Logon Hours restrictions in Win2000 Server. I tried to
>set these restrictions for some users on the domain controller, in GPO
>"Automatically logoff users when logon time expires" is Enabled. When the
>user is trying to logon during restrictid period, it works fine, but when the
>user is already logged on, nothing happens. He can continue to work, connect
>network drives .... Another strange thing is, that when I use "net accouns
>/forcelogoff:10 /domain" command, it is replaced with 0 when the GPO is
>applied. I cannot find, where to set this in GPO. Any suggestions?
>Thank you.
>Ivan

The policy name is wrong. It does not log users off, as you have discovered.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Hi,

Make sure you have followed the right instructions and also enforced the
group policy for restricting the log-on hours by following the instructions
in the Kb article given below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318714

or

SUMMARY