Folder Redirection

We currently have GPOs for everyone in our domain that redirect their My
Documents folder to their home folder on our NAS server. It works for some
users and not for others. I can log into the same computer that a users
redirection does not work on and it redirects me to my home folder, so the
computers are not the problem.

All users have the proper permissinos to their own folders (you can map a
drive to it). All home folders are created upon creation of the user account
by mapping the home folder to \\servername\share\%username%.

I found a registry key that I think is where the setting is located. In my
registry, the key is Personal and the Value is \\servername\share\username
(my redirection works). The key is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders.

My question is, if I go to a computer and change this key to map to a users
home folder to their home folder, will it work (take any docs, etc in the My
Documents folder and automatically redirect them) or am I risking losing a
files, or possibly corrupting a file(s)? Any other possible resolutions to
this problem?

TIA

Registry Settings for Folder Redirection in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q242557/

BR,
Denis