NWN: are my serial numbers cross-platform?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.games.adventure,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

NWN Platinum is $40, whereas original NWN Mac
is $45 and the expansions are $30 each.

Gritting my teeth, I have a practical question:

Will the serial(s) from Platinum work on a Mac...
for SoU? for HotU? for NWN original?

Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about serial numbers cross platform
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.games.adventure,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Racy Snafu I <foo@bar.invalid> wrote:

    > Will the serial(s) from Platinum work on a Mac...

    Mac NWN Serials are built from uppercase letters and digits like this:
    xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
    If your PC serial follows this formula, chances are good it will work.
    What won't work, though, is the *PC-software*.:p
    So you'll end up bying the Mac version anyhow, including proper working
    Mac serials.

    Have a nice karma

    Rainer
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.games.adventure,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    In article <1gkvlya.aj9xdnp4itcN%R.Udelhoven@t-online.de>,
    R.Udelhoven@t-online.de (Rainer Udelhoven) wrote:

    > Racy Snafu I <foo@bar.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > Will the serial(s) from Platinum work on a Mac...
    >
    > Mac NWN Serials are built from uppercase letters and digits like this:
    > xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
    > If your PC serial follows this formula, chances are good it will work.
    > What won't work, though, is the *PC-software*.:p
    > So you'll end up bying the Mac version anyhow, including proper working
    > Mac serials.

    The expansion data files are cross platform, so pc versions of SoU and
    HotU can be installed on the mac version of NWN without problems. You
    won't get official support from MacSoft, but the expansions run fine.

    More info here:
    http://tinyurl.com/5qpwk
    http://tinyurl.com/2lo2y

    > Have a nice karma
    >
    > Rainer
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.games.adventure,alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:29:31 +1200, no@spam.please (Jeremy) wrote:

    >In article <1gkvlya.aj9xdnp4itcN%R.Udelhoven@t-online.de>,
    >R.Udelhoven@t-online.de (Rainer Udelhoven) wrote:
    >
    >> Racy Snafu I <foo@bar.invalid> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Will the serial(s) from Platinum work on a Mac...
    >>
    >> Mac NWN Serials are built from uppercase letters and digits like this:
    >> xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
    >> If your PC serial follows this formula, chances are good it will work.
    >> What won't work, though, is the *PC-software*.:p
    >> So you'll end up bying the Mac version anyhow, including proper working
    >> Mac serials.
    >
    >The expansion data files are cross platform, so pc versions of SoU and
    >HotU can be installed on the mac version of NWN without problems. You
    >won't get official support from MacSoft, but the expansions run fine.

    I agree - I played both expansions last year on my Powerbook. I got
    NWN for Mac when it arrived in August, but used the PC versions of the
    expansions. Works great - recently picked up NWN for the PC for cheap
    on eBay, and have installed the expansions there as well - everything
    is portable. So I can put my saves on my iDisk, and play the game
    from my PC or Powerbook.

    Mike

Platinum Macintosh Games Cross Platform Video Games