my own experience with cooler master 830

nikolov

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
hello all !

i spent this whole day to mount my computer, i received this new case this morning, i had a crap one before (antec 1080)...

pple were right, the pci express cards are impossible to mount in this case without modding a bit the case...i was worried to break my pci express slots but its working now.

beside this issue..this case rocks ! i dont have all the fans i can put on this but all my temps were down to 10 degre celsius...overclocked core duo 6600 at 3.2 at 1.4125 idles at 39 now when it was idling at 48 before..my sli 8800 gtx idles at 52 degres ! when they were idleing at 62 degres :D and finally my motherboard idles at 35 degres when it was idleing at 43 before when sli :)

this case if wonderfull, heavy thats true, but very efficient cooling and beautiful, im in love..

i just have a question..i'd like putting another 120mm fan on the front of this case, but i have nothing in the package to add another 120mm fan (adaptator thingy) what do i need to buy to put another fan please ? what sort of adaptator, i tried to look on the web but found nothing...anyone can help me ? thanks :)

cronjob

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Wait, what is this about the PCI-Express not fitting without some modification? I did a lot of researching before ordering mine this morning and hadn't come across that tidbit. What kind of modification are we talking about? I had NO problem getting my PCI-Express with a 7800 GTX to work in my Cooler Master 810 . . .

nikolov

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
im sorry but i dont know how to explain it im french...

but i ll try..with the cooler stacker 830, when you try to plug a 8800gtx card (i dont know about other cards) you cant plug it fully inside the pci express slot cause the bottom of the side aluminium part of the graphic card (the part where you plug the monitor cable) hits against the base of the pci express brackets thingy at the base of the case.. they are not large enough, so i had to make them larger with a plate screwdriver...lol i dont know if you ll understand what im saying.. anyway i tried to do this..took me many times but finally that worked and i was able to full plug my both 8800gtx in the two pci express slots.