Sign in with
Your question

New CPU, Motherboard and GFX Card

Last response: in CPUs
January 23, 2007 6:57:00 PM

Didnt know if this was the best place to start this thread but anyways here goes :p 

Im wanting to upgrade my pc for a socket 939 processor in which will result in me changing my motherboard and i would also like a new graphics card so that i can link this to my hdtv and also upgrade for the new dx10...

Ive searched and searched and quite mindboggled at the amount of choices i need to make; ive seen so many reviews of what to and not to buy etc so i would just like to hear a few comments on what you would buy for the price range of around £400-£600 for all 3 items, keeping in mind i wont be upgrading for a long time :) 

Thanks, Jason
January 25, 2007 3:13:44 AM

if you wish to purchase a dx10 card, i'd suggest you go along the intel core2 duo pathway. if you want to futureproof your system, c2d is the way to go. as for the GFX card, i suggest you wait until the newer midranged dx10 cards come out, which should be a month or two. (correct if im wrong). For your motherboard, i'd suggest you look in the motherboard section. im sure that you will be able to find the motherboard that suits your budget and the performance you want.
January 25, 2007 3:54:50 AM

Personaly I would wait for a couple more months to see what dx10 cards come out.Then make your decision on your new build.As for your build,you need to consider what you are going to do with it.Then you need to look at how much you can or are willing to spend.Once you look at those two factors,you can then determine what hardware is best for you.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7800GT IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
!