User has been added to group, but has no access to folders..

I am new to active directory and I have setup a new user, added him to a
group with certain rights but he can still not access certain folders. How
can I "push" that access?

thanks
Hanni
3 answers Last reply
More about user added group access folders

    Hanni,

    This is not really a Group Policy problem. But that is okay....I can see
    your reasoning.

    I would suggest to you that you simply have that user log off and then log
    back on. This should usually clear things up.

    HTH,

    Cary

    "meHanni" <meHanni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am new to active directory and I have setup a new user, added him to a
    > group with certain rights but he can still not access certain folders. How
    > can I "push" that access?
    >
    > thanks
    > Hanni

    thanks, that makes sense, but I've tried that with no luck...any other
    suggetions? also with forum do you think is more appropriate for my question?

    thanks
    Hanni

    "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" wrote:

    > Hanni,
    >
    > This is not really a Group Policy problem. But that is okay....I can see
    > your reasoning.
    >
    > I would suggest to you that you simply have that user log off and then log
    > back on. This should usually clear things up.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Cary
    >
    > "meHanni" <meHanni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am new to active directory and I have setup a new user, added him to a
    > > group with certain rights but he can still not access certain folders. How
    > > can I "push" that access?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > Hanni

    There is nothing to push. The access rights are checked when you use the
    resource. Can you give an example? Typically this would be a
    misconfiguration of the share and file permissions.
    Anthony

    "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hanni,
    >
    > This is not really a Group Policy problem. But that is okay....I can see
    > your reasoning.
    >
    > I would suggest to you that you simply have that user log off and then log
    > back on. This should usually clear things up.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Cary
    >
    > "meHanni" <meHanni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am new to active directory and I have setup a new user, added him to a
    > > group with certain rights but he can still not access certain folders.
    How
    > > can I "push" that access?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > Hanni

Policy Microsoft Active Directory Windows