Group policy - disabling roaming profile cache

hi,
Unsure of precisely where to post this.

But i'm trying to disable the local cache that gets left behind on a
workstation when a roaming user logs out. I have enabled 'delete local copy
of roaming profiles' and disabled the slow login features as recommened.

However, when users log out, the profile remains!!!
Is there something else that i have to do? or something that i have missed?
this is very important to the company where i work, so it needs to work!

What could be happening is an unfortunately very common occurrence where the
profile leaks resource handles which get left open at logout and can't be
fully deleted when the user logs off. Is any of the profile deleted? For
example, I have seen all files except ntuser.dat deleted, but because that
one is in use, the profile folder isn't removed.

One thing you can do to try and mitigate this is set the policy called
Computer Configuration |Admin Templates|System|User Profiles|Maximum retries
to unload and update user profile. The default is 60 times, but you can
increase that to some larger number. It will try once per second for the
number of times, so it does slow down logoff but may solve the problem if
you increase the number.

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

"Walkingpig" <Walkingpig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> Unsure of precisely where to post this.
>
> But i'm trying to disable the local cache that gets left behind on a
> workstation when a roaming user logs out. I have enabled 'delete local
> copy
> of roaming profiles' and disabled the slow login features as recommened.
>
> However, when users log out, the profile remains!!!
> Is there something else that i have to do? or something that i have
> missed?
> this is very important to the company where i work, so it needs to work!

Have a look at this...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837115

Mike.