PilotFrog

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2004
I have been reading and undertand that I cannot use two NICs to get doulbe LAN speeds. What I would like to do is use one to get to the Web, and the other to run a network. Now I know how to set up one to reach the web, but I am not sure how to set up the second NIC to work the network. I would also like the computers on the network to be able to access the web. I have a basic wireless router I'd like to run off the second NIC for the network.

Another thing, I have an nVidia SLI board with the nVidia NIC and I'd like to know where I can find more info about its firwall capabilities and such. I understand it is more capable than the Marvell NIC. Thanks and hope this hasn't been asked too many times before. I'll keep reading to see if I find anything more.

Cheers
PF

fredweston

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
So are you planning to connect your Internet connection directly to one NIC on your PC, and the router to the other NIC? It would be easier to connect the router to the Internet and then everything else to the router, is there some reason you don't want to do this?