Size of the Logon Banner Window

I am running a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment with Windows XP as
the desktop.

My management want a very long message presented in the logon banner text -
so much that it actually doesn't fit in the window on the clients.
The window does not generate any scroll bars - but the users can read the
additional information if they click in the text area and use the down arrow
to scroll the text.
I have some doubt that my users are going to do this!!

Is there a way to increase the size of the windows and text area that is
used to display the message?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about size logon banner window

    I am unaware of any way to change a window size via gpo.

    "Bob" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am running a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment with Windows XP
    as
    > the desktop.
    >
    > My management want a very long message presented in the logon banner
    text -
    > so much that it actually doesn't fit in the window on the clients.
    > The window does not generate any scroll bars - but the users can read the
    > additional information if they click in the text area and use the down
    arrow
    > to scroll the text.
    > I have some doubt that my users are going to do this!!
    >
    > Is there a way to increase the size of the windows and text area that is
    > used to display the message?
    >
    > TIA

    How about ANY method? I can change the RIS image if need be.

    "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@mnpower.com> wrote in message
    >I am unaware of any way to change a window size via gpo.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Paul Bergson MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA

    > rights.
    >

    > "Bob" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I am running a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment with Windows XP
    > as
    >> the desktop.
    >>
    >> My management want a very long message presented in the logon banner
    > text -
    >> so much that it actually doesn't fit in the window on the clients.
    >> The window does not generate any scroll bars - but the users can read the
    >> additional information if they click in the text area and use the down
    > arrow
    >> to scroll the text.
    >> I have some doubt that my users are going to do this!!
    >>
    >> Is there a way to increase the size of the windows and text area that is
    >> used to display the message?
    >>
    >> TIA

Windows