Switching users profile path to local

Hi

I'd wish to know, if there's a way to change all the students-group
users profile paths from network to local, instead of modifying all of
them manually (there are thousands of users in the network, so that
would be pretty slow).
I want to do this, because the students profiles are heavily slowing
down the network on logging.

And a second thing: Because there are so many users and if/when all
the profiles are now saving locally, the profiles would take quite
much space so I'd also like to know if there's a way so profile path
could be deleted every time a student logs off.

(I'm sorry if this is not the place for this kind of questions)

You would have to write a script. If you look up:
- Script to connect to Active Directory
- How to get/set user account property
You should find something. The MDSN resource for scripting is good.
Anthony

"Lassi" <lassi.hirvisaari@corrie.fi> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'd wish to know, if there's a way to change all the students-group
> users profile paths from network to local, instead of modifying all of
> them manually (there are thousands of users in the network, so that
> would be pretty slow).
> I want to do this, because the students profiles are heavily slowing
> down the network on logging.
>
> And a second thing: Because there are so many users and if/when all
> the profiles are now saving locally, the profiles would take quite
> much space so I'd also like to know if there's a way so profile path
> could be deleted every time a student logs off.
>
> (I'm sorry if this is not the place for this kind of questions)

TRENDING THREADS