Customize common open dialog box drop down list

Hello All,
Is there a way thru GPO that I can customize the dropdown list in common
open dialog box where the following items will only show;

31/2 Floppy Drive (A)
CD ROM (D)
SHARE FOLDER (Z)

Currently I am unable to get the floppy drive to appear. Users have to
navigate to my computer then select the floppy drive.
Also I would like the places bar to exhibit the same items mentioned above.
TIA,
Altria
1 answer Last reply
More about customize common open dialog drop list

    This KB talks of disabling the items you mentioned. Do the opposite
    and you should see the desired result. (eg if the KB says enable this
    setting, be sure to disable it and not leave it as "Not Configured")
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278295

    As for the places bar perhaps you would have better result making a
    custom ADM.
    Writing Custom ADM Files for System Policy Editor
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/225087

    This is the reg setting you need to alter to change the Places bar
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\comdlg32\PlacesBar

    --
    +----------------------------------+
    I reply at the news groups only on weekends. If you need to contact
    "Altria" <urbantec92@msn.com> wrote in message
    | Hello All,
    | Is there a way thru GPO that I can customize the dropdown list in
    common
    | open dialog box where the following items will only show;
    |
    | 31/2 Floppy Drive (A)
    | CD ROM (D)
    | SHARE FOLDER (Z)
    |
    | Currently I am unable to get the floppy drive to appear. Users have
    | navigate to my computer then select the floppy drive.
    | Also I would like the places bar to exhibit the same items mentioned
    above.
    | TIA,
    | Altria

Floppy Disk Customization Windows