User profiles

I recently installed a new 2000 server to an existing domain. Joined it no
problems and I can see and modify users from both servers no problems. This
server is going to act as a Terminal server on the network. I have went
along and installed lots of applications on the new server using the command
"change user /install" "execute". In order for the users to be able to use
the applications first time they log on it creates their profile in documents
and settings. However it does not seem to bring in the desktop shortcuts
that was set in the all users desktop/ profile. I can do the same task on
the first server and all the applications show up under that users profile.
Any Ideas what is going on?
1 answer Last reply
More about user profiles

    1. Copy the desktop shortcuts to the Default User - Desktop folder.
    Also lets for now take out the application out of the picture. Just
    make some empty text files in All Users and Default User desktop
    folder. And maybe 1 or 2 shortcuts to calc.exe and notepad.exe.

    When the new user logs in, do the shortcuts and the text files appear?

    If not, check \\domainname\netlogon\ . Do you have a DefaultUser
    folder in there
    [ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;168475 ]

    2. Enable UserEnv Logging and send me the UserEnv.log which is created
    in %windir%\debug\usermode\userenv.log
    [ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;221833 ]

    Steps:
    * Logged in as administrator to the Terminal Server, browse to
    %windir%\debug\usermode and rename the current userenv.log to
    userend.old
    * Create a New User (it has to be a new user) in AD and login as that
    user
    * After login, you still dont see the shortcuts etc
    * Logout and login as Adminisrator. Browse to %windir%\debug\usermode
    and pick the new UserEnv.log file and email it to me and be sure to
    attach it with the post tool (with the name of the new user)

    --
    +----------------------------------+
    I reply at the news groups only on weekends. If you need to contact
    issues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I recently installed a new 2000 server to an existing domain. Joined
    it no
    | problems and I can see and modify users from both servers no
    problems. This
    | server is going to act as a Terminal server on the network. I have
    went
    | along and installed lots of applications on the new server using the
    command
    | "change user /install" "execute". In order for the users to be able
    to use
    | the applications first time they log on it creates their profile in
    documents
    | and settings. However it does not seem to bring in the desktop
    shortcuts
    | that was set in the all users desktop/ profile. I can do the same
    task on
    | the first server and all the applications show up under that users
    profile.
    | Any Ideas what is going on?

Microsoft Terminal Server Servers Windows